Things I dont understand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Elmer Fudd said:
BBC licence fee and Top Gear

(Somebody had to get Top Gear & the Beeb mentioned, doesn't feel like a true thread if they're not in there).

pw2389

Kirstie said:
The Mid Life crisis. Do women get them?

You mean you've never felt the overwhelming desire to go out and be the 18-year old Kirstie again? Truly shocking... :ohmy::biggrin:

pw2389

Kirstie said:
Thankfully no.

??? Thankfully? Was the 18 year old Kirstie that ghastly?

Big Bren

I read somewhere that the male mid-life crisis is a response to our female partners menopause; the realisation that we're married to a woman who is no longer fertile triggers our primeval imperative to reproduce, so we go out and roger a young filly or two. Then buy a sports car.

Something like that anyway.

Bren

KitsuneAndy

I don't understand the point of 'average-speed speed cameras' if they don't work when the driver switches lane between the start and end.

KitsuneAndy

Rhythm Thief said:
<thinks> Don't they? I'll remember that. </thinks>:ohmy:

Nope, they're linked in pairs and there's one above each lane. The only work if you enter through an 'entry' camera and exit through the matching 'exit' one.

Big Bren said:
I read somewhere that the male mid-life crisis is a response to our female partners menopause; the realisation that we're married to a woman who is no longer fertile triggers our primeval imperative to reproduce, so we go out and roger a young filly or two. Then buy a sports car.

Something like that anyway.

Bren

I'd heard that it was all about renegotiating your relationship with death, but i prefer your explanation.

Top Bottom