Things I dont understand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bigtallfatbloke said:
why my socks never smell

Because you wear sandals????

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
walker said:
I, Neither, Understand religion, none of it is proven to actually have a god, and it all ends in a big fight anyway.

God does exist! Look at any of your insurance policies and the exclusion clauses. You are not covered by 'act of God', Santa does not exist and neither does the Easter Bunny. I have never seen an exclusion clause citing 'Act of Santa' or 'act of Easter Bunny' - I rest my case.

col

Legendary Member
mr_hippo said:
God does exist! Look at any of your insurance policies and the exclusion clauses. You are not covered by 'act of God', Santa does not exist and neither does the Easter Bunny. I have never seen an exclusion clause citing 'Act of Santa' or 'act of Easter Bunny' - I rest my case.

Prove it.:biggrin:

SamNichols

I don't understand students who say that they enjoy: 'banter'. What is banter? Why should we enjoy it? Why is it normally middle class kids who enjoy it?

twowheelsgood

I quite enjoy it sometimes, especially the more history related ones.

I don't think it's the best forum for the more scientific ones, like the quantum physics programme they did a week or two back.

The main reason I listen is because it's one of the few available as a BBC podcast (well, if you exclude using bbc2mp3 that is...) and it kills bus time.

Tetedelacourse

How to fix side-pull brakes.

Why people enjoy arguing.

How most senior managers ever got to the position they're in.

How money is generated by websites that don't charge.

Why you go for months without a p*****re and then get 4 in a week.

How Walker knows that "it all ends in a fight"!

Tetedelacourse

Abitrary said:
What fashionable surnames are there

There's a cleaner at work called 'hate', but I don't think it's that trendy

I hope no-one refers to her/ him as "love". That would really irk them I'd imagine.

bonj2

SamNichols said:
I don't understand students who say that they enjoy: 'banter'. What is banter? Why should we enjoy it? Why is it normally middle class kids who enjoy it?

I think it's defined as small talk but that involves taking issue with the other person's position or something they do (or are) but in a playful way. It's enjoyable because when the other person doesn't take offence but instead retorts, it's taken as approval of confidence, and thus breeds confidence in the association with the bantee. But people tend to use the term willy-nilly, in order to make themselves seem "a right character". It smacks of 'yes-man'-ism, in the same manner they would employ if say, for example, trying to get on big brother.

Top Bottom