Things not to do to your bikes:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Here's some not so good things spotted recently.

Giant Halfway folding bike with a bolt through the frame to 'repair' the large crack.

nc_ohc=cuDXlqbMxesAX-ciShE&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr2-4.jpg

Carbon steerer tube with extender fitted, not really a good idea. I only fit them to steel tubes.

nc_ohc=K18kCB_aQHEAX9P5KMu&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr2-3.jpg

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
”special “ bikes you’ve got there.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Extenders are lethal. Carbon is very strony, what makes anyone think doing the same to alloy is a good idea too, or steel. Outside design stresses.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Extenders are lethal. Carbon is very strony, what makes anyone think doing the same to alloy is a good idea too, or steel. Outside design stresses.

That's because adults will insist on buying junior sized frames instead of adult sized ones, then they find the bars are too low and they can't live with them like that. If you buy frames on the large size, you don't get that problem. You can always fit a short stem if the reach is too stretchy, but a low stack height you're stuck with.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

Alex321

Veteran
That frame repair won't last with just a bolt. You'll need Bostik, too, to be safe!!
What about the duct tape?

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
That frame repair won't last with just a bolt. You'll need Bostik, too, to be safe!!

You'd be surprised how long some of those bodge repairs will hold up. i've done some outrageous cable tie and duct tape repairs on stuff that has failed at work, in order to get it back in service immediately and carry on using it on the day. Sometimes it's been weeks before a proper permanent repair was effected and the bodge was still working.

Top Bottom