Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why are level crossings so bumpy to drive over?

gbb

Legendary Member
We had a Datsun bluebird estate.
Within 6 years it rusted so badly the bonnet had huge holes in it and all door sills had holes.
Cars of today still look new after 6 years.
I once went to look at buying a Datsun 120Y, private sale. I took one look and never even knocked on the door, just drove off. Looked like it was made of lace, not steel.:laugh:

gbb

Legendary Member
Who employs Radio 1 Newsbeat presenters ?????

I just overheard one say

"Scotland look set to become the first in the UK to introduce a minimum alcohol price. So how will this affect the price we pay for alcohol?"

Seriously ?????
Must be a BBC thing, I once saw a news reporter actually ask someone in what was possibly the worst moment if their lives (cant' remember the specifics but they' possibly just lost someone close to them)...
'Can you tell us how you feel at what must be a terrible time for you ?'

WTF kind of thing is that to do to someone.:angry: if theyd asked me id have likely bloodied their noses . (Figuratively...welll maybe literally...speaking)

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Must be a BBC thing, I once saw a news reporter actually ask someone in what was possibly the worst moment if their lives (cant' remember the specifics but they' possibly just lost someone close to them)...
'Can you tell us how you feel at what must be a terrible time for you ?'

WTF kind of thing is that to do to someone.:angry: if theyd asked me id have likely bloodied their noses . (Figuratively...welll maybe literally...speaking)

Quite - this really winds me up, both because of the crass insensitivity and sheer inanity of it.

"how do you feel after your child has just been murdered?" "how do you feel after being chained to a radiator in Beirut for 4 years" FFS !

Lullabelle

Banana
Batfink - his wings were like a shield of steel. But how come they never shot his feet, which were clearly visible ?

Back off, leave Batfink alone :ninja:

tyred

Legendary Member
Why say a tyre is flat? It's still round.
Well it's not exactly circular either...
th?id=OIP.cRUgkawahY01fnxENlyFbgEsDH&pid=15.jpg

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Quite - this really winds me up, both because of the crass insensitivity and sheer inanity of it.

"how do you feel after your child has just been murdered?" "how do you feel after being chained to a radiator in Beirut for 4 years" FFS !
Kay Burley on Sky news is the master of crass comments.

Tin Pot

Guru
Advertising, prejudice, people who don't think properly, injustice, popularity contests, the majority, fuscia pink, marmite, holes in pancakes, death, seafood, an infinite universe, journalism, open source software, "free" offers...

Top Bottom