Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why are men obsessed with professional football ?

Many of us aren't.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Why are men obsessed with professional football ?

Something about 'tribalism' and substituting for the 'antelope hunt' according to some folks.

Also allows for communal singing, and even some hugging :eek: without being considered 'unmanly'.

But not all men are obsessed with it.. Correlation or causation Idk, but none of the significant men in my life have any interest in professional football.

#1 son, plays the odd game of 5 a side with his mates for fun.

Thems all into rugby, instead :rolleyes:

I was pretty good at rugby: I developed an almost sixth sense for how the game was going to develop, and making sure I was well out of the way when it did.

I'm not sure that was what the sports teachers were hoping for, but I took the attitude that no-one would remember what the score was in half an hour so it hardly mattered anyway...

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I was pretty good at rugby: I developed an almost sixth sense for how the game was going to develop, and making sure I was well out of the way when it did.

I'm not sure that was what the sports teachers were hoping for, but I took the attitude that no-one would remember what the score was in half an hour so it hardly mattered anyway...
:rolleyes:

I took similarly evasive action with hockey.

If those scarey girls, armed with big sticks, wanted that ball, then they were more than welcome to it.. :eek:

:rolleyes:

I took similarly evasive action with hockey.

If those scarey girls, armed with big sticks, wanted that ball, then they were more than welcome to it.. :eek:

I was pretty good at hockey: It It has several advantages over Rugby from my point of view.

Firstly people couldn't jump on me and squash me; which as far as I can tell is the basic point of Rugby; the ball is incidental.

Secondly, those sticks were useful for those of slight build because all the dangerous stuff happens at the other end, and although all the other players were indeed armed so was I. I became feared on a hockey field for my prowess with a pudding ball; it was the only school sport I ever scored any points whatsoever...

Last edited:
Top Bottom