Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
This has not really bothered me a long time; I only thought of it a few months ago. Wayne Enterprises, i.e. the company owned by Batman's alter ego, Bruce Wayne: do they ever make people redundant? Just about every hi-tech company I've worked at made people redundant, usually every 18 months or less.

classic33

Leg End Member
Last edited:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Why can wasps, flies, et c, always find the smallest gap around an open window to get in, but not to get out again?
True. Even if you open the windows and doors wide, they can't/ won't go out. I think it's the smell of food indoors that brings them in, and makes them want to stay.
I have noticed however that they can all get out quick smart once you brandish a can of fly spray.

Which brings me on to: How are flies and wasps born with the innate knowledge of what a can of fly spray is, and what it can do to them, before you even pull the trigger?

True. Even if you open the windows and doors wide, they can't/ won't go out. I think it's the smell of food indoors that brings them in, and makes them want to stay.
I have noticed however that they can all get out quick smart once you brandish a can of fly spray.

Which brings me on to: How are flies and wasps born with the innate knowledge of what a can of fly spray is, and what it can do to them, before you even pull the trigger?

Natural selection?

Worrying, if you think about it...

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Why do people and companies use "more than" when trying to impress us with a figure, rather than the actual number, which is always predictably one more than the figure quoted?

For example; Blackpool Pleasure Beach claims to have "more than 35 restaurants".
So they have 36 then, yes? Because if it was 39, or 56, or a hundred and seventy six, they'd say that.

Or more probably they'd say "more than 38", or "more than 55", or "more than 175".

The dicks.

Top Bottom