Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
If FedEx is short for Federal Express, (which it is), why is there a "FedEx Express". If you expand that phrase it's now Federal Express Express.
Is it doubly expressy? A double expresso, if you will? (SIC)

It's a rhetorical question by the way, since they recently promised to deliver a package by 6pm on a Friday, then at 7pm it updated to "by 9pm" (which even I didn't believe on a Friday night), before they finally admitted at 9 that it would be with me the following Monday, 3 days late.
Even Royal Mule are more expressy than that.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Does anybody actually use the bottom half of drop bars?

Does anybody actually use the bottom half of drop bars?

Due to an unexpected train journey on this evenings commute, here is the touring bike demonstrating the use of drop bars for bike security...

2021_06_30_Commute_01.jpg

As an added advantage, being a "shrunk in the wash" 26" wheeled bike this lifts the front wheel off the ground making it pretty stable...

Nice train. Clean, spacious and well laid out unlike the UK symbolic effort.

It's fairly new: they look like this on the outside:

2021_06_13_Kaiserstühl_45.jpg

The "spacious" element is partly because of the generous German loading gauge (Max size a train can be before it starts whacking bridges et c,) so it's bigger than a UK train, and the floor is much lower than in the UK to accommodate the platforms on rural German stations.

To be fair it was running about 4 minutes late: the local rail services here are in a bit of a mess at the moment.

Chris S

Legendary Member
UK trains usually have the bike storage between the toilets and wheelchair space. It's the wheelchair users that I feel sorry for.

Top Bottom