Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Legendary Member
When there are two lanes on a road and you approach a left turn. You are in the right lane, the guy in the other car is in the left lane and slightly in front of you, wanting to turn left. Just before turning left, he comes out into the right lane slightly and then turns left. It's not like the guy is driving a lorry and needs extra turning space, it's just a regular sized car and a regular sized corner yet he thinks he's driving a bus. Quite dangerous.

When there are two lanes on a road and you approach a left turn. You are in the right lane, the guy in the other car is in the left lane and slightly in front of you, wanting to turn left. Just before turning left, he comes out into the right lane slightly and then turns left. It's not like the guy is driving a lorry and needs extra turning space, it's just a regular sized car and a regular sized corner yet he thinks he's driving a bus. Quite dangerous.
Yes, this irritates the bejeezus out of me too.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)

Equally annoying are those who can't turn right into a side road without cutting the corner and endangering anyone about to turn right onto the main road.

But even worse are the morons who simply can't negotiate a right-hand bend (in the UK) without drifting over the centre line and scaring anyone coming in the opposite direction.

Who teaches these people to drive like that?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Driving downhill and having to turn right on to a narrow street with high walls both sides so cannot see anything coming down. I never turn right until I see it is clear but many just cut the corner and have to reverse back. They never seem to learn.
Yesterday road up was clear so started up when a car appeared at the top and sensibly stopped in an unofficial passing place to let me past. Another appeared from behind it and carried on past with no thought so blocking the road. I was not for reversing the whole way back down and round a blind bend so she had to take to the ditch. Moron or probably tourist.:wacko:

When you are approaching a pedestrian/child/slow moving cyclist/dog/horse/goat/ on a long straight road just wide enough to pass them comfortable, and the only, the only other cyclist visible for a kilometre in is coming in the opposite direction, and arrives at the pinch point just before you do, so you have to slow down.

Are we all unknowingly magnetic or something, or does this only happen to me?

Last edited:

sasquath

"drivers" stopping at the entry of roundabouts when there is more than enough room to smoothly merge in.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Why is the West so indignant about women being excluded from positions of power in Afghanistan? It's only in the last 50 years that they've started to make any progress here.

Last edited:

sasquath

Why is the West so indignant about women being excluded from positions of power in Afghanistan? It's only in the last 50 years that they've started to make any progress here.
Because women are below a dog in Taliban/radical islam world hierarchy?

classic33

Leg End Member
Who invented the ampersand character? Is writing another two characters to form the word 'and' such a big effort?
"The invention of the ampersand is usually credited to Marcus Tullius Tiro, who was the faithful slave and secretary to the Roman lawyer and politician Cicero. Tiro invented a shorthand writing system in 63 B.C. called Tironian Notes, which included the ampersand."

https://creativepro.com/ampersand-history-usage/

Top Bottom