Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
"The invention of the ampersand is usually credited to Marcus Tullius Tiro, who was the faithful slave and secretary to the Roman lawyer and politician Cicero. Tiro invented a shorthand writing system in 63 B.C. called Tironian Notes, which included the ampersand."

https://creativepro.com/ampersand-history-usage/
I will amaze my friends with this useless nugget of information.
“The word “ampersand” is an alteration of the phrase “et, per se and” (that is: “et by itself [means] and”), which was then became “and, per-se and”, and eventually evolved into ampersand.”

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
..why my bum gets sore after 30 miles...

BTW, spare me the advice about bum cream and going commando. Ta.

Cavalol

Guru
If someone's (social media) is truly offended by someone 'taking the knee' or a channel promoting women's football then it's honestly staggering they are so enraged about it.

mustang1

Guru
Would that be a hole in the wall?
Nah that's a door shaped object. Well, door shaped hole in this case. Entry-level door will have some basic functionality, like hinges and possibly a Tiagra-level lock, though i heard 105-level locks can lock faster and engage more smoothly.

Pondered under the onslaught of a series of screen messages on a recent train trip to york.
seemed to define "unsolicited" comments as sexual assault, or at the very least serious sexual pestering worthy of legal intervention.
So folks are supposed to wait for comments to be solicited?
or not?
But wouldn't those "invites" be unsolicited?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
and maybe you are thinking of

Max Headroom?
Which is how he is portrayed in the Private Eye spoof column

1633032751830.png

Top Bottom