Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Why do crime reports refer to male suspects as 'gentlemen'? They're anything but.
You mean as opposed to calling them "the guilty party" ?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Rubbish - I can get the alcohol out of a bottle of whiskey easily - and I don't even charge for it!

to be serious - I think they charge for it because they can

what I want to know is why - once they have got all the alcohol out of wine or beer (and probably whiskey but I haven;t bought that) do I still need someone to come over and authorise me to buy it at the self service in Tesco
The label specifically says ZERO ALCOHOL - but it requires authorisation to purchase due to it being alcoholic:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:
I think your comment that they charge that because they can is pretty near correct. Also while there is vat there should be no spirit duty charged either. Win, win situation. I am not up to date on duty charges these days so I could be wrong on that.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Why do bin lorries always drive around in low gear?

Why do some vegetarians admit to eating fish "because it's not meat right!"??? Bloody pescatarians giving prejudiced meat eaters something to criticise vegetarians about!

PS I'm a meat, veg, tuber, grain, pulse, crustacean, etc eater who just smiles knowingly and calls them what they really are, not vegetarian!

PPS I'm not an omnivore because technically I do not eat everything. I doubt anyone does!

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
Why did the Queen name her first son Charles in the knowledge that fifty percent of English monarchs named Charles had their reign terminated early?

Why did the Queen name her first son Charles in the knowledge that fifty percent of English monarchs named Charles had their reign terminated early?
She also gave him Arthur
Famous for accepting presents for half dressed ladies in a lake

i.e.
The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.
Dennis: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Dennis: Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Dennis: Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.

link here

:laugh:

Top Bottom