Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chief Broom

Veteran
Spinosaurus just doesnt look right.

Alex321

Veteran
It's not the mass of the ice that's important, it's the volume when it melts. It will decrease.

It would if the volume was all below the surface. But because it floats, some of the volume is above the surface.

With a floating object, it is thw mass which matters, because any "extra" volume will be above the surface.

Chris S

Legendary Member
It would if the volume was all below the surface. But because it floats, some of the volume is above the surface.

With a floating object, it is thw mass which matters, because any "extra" volume will be above the surface.

Have you ever heard of the 'tip of the iceberg'?

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I'm a fan of McCoy's crisps. But why can't you buy multi packs of ready salted ones? I've not seen them anywhere. You can get all the other flavours in a 6 pack, and a mix containing 2 ready salted.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Yes. Roughly 10% of the iceberg is above the surface.

Which strangely enough is about the same % as the difference in mass between a given volume of ice and the same volume of water.

Would that mean if the complete iceberg melted then the total volume of water would remain the same?

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
What does Emma Watson think about being the most searched for woman for nude pictures for the last fifteen years? Is she flattered or annoyed?

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
R.J. Mitchell famously designed the Spitfire. Barnes Wallace designed the Vickers Wellington (as well as the bouncing bomb and the tall boy and grand slam bombs). Alex Issigonis famously designed the mini. How can anyone be so clever as to design a plane or a car? I am not sure I could design an egg beater.

Top Bottom