Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
What is wrong with being a Stepford Wife? Why is it considered an insult?

I take it you haven't read the book, or seen the film?

You would understand if you had.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Why haven't the powers-that-be reintroduced pine martens to control the grey squirrel population and give the reds a chance? I heard John Craven moot the idea on John Craven's News Round over 40 years ago. Presumably pine martens eat other things than grey squirrels, but what?

classic33

Leg End Member
Why haven't the powers-that-be reintroduced pine martens to control the grey squirrel population and give the reds a chance? I heard John Craven moot the idea on John Craven's News Round over 40 years ago. Presumably pine martens eat other things than grey squirrels, but what?
They'll attack and kill lambs, in the field, leaving what's left behind. Which attracts other vermin to the flocks.
Also domestic pets.

Alex321

Veteran

They have been doing this, although not specifically to control the grey quirrels.
https://www.vwt.org.uk/species/pine-marten/

They have always remained viable in Northern parts of Scotland, but there are now also breeding populations in mid Wales, and in the Forest of Dean/Wye valley area of England.

Alex321

Veteran
Red squirrels :smile:

Not so much as greys though. In areas where Pine Martens have increased (particularly in Ireland), so have the populations of Red squirrels.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Why is the sun the same size as the moon in the sky?

Coincidence, the moon is circa 240,000 miles away from earth (yes I know that amount fluctuates a little), whereas the sun is 93 million miles away, making it appear much, much smaller than it is.

... Unless you think it's all one big cornspiracy *Close Encounters Of The Third Kind music*

Is nostril size directly linked to finger girth or are fat-fingered people not able to pick their nose?
It would be most disappointing if it was proportional to the girth of a certain other thing...
The size of the human nostril and the human finger is not coincidental. The size of the nostril is not specifically designed for the insertion of a finger.
... But everyone since the dawn of time probably has anyway? 😆
I wonder if there are job descriptions such as........

Bum wiper to the king
I suddenly am having images of someone in a black leather gimp suit for that one, possibly also led about on a lead.
Apparently greys spend a lot more time on the ground than reds do. Which possibly makes them easier prey.
*Soviet Music and Squirrel like Russian accent*

"Better to be Red than dead!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom