Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Was the Air Ministry right to cancel the Westland Whirlwind? It did not look that far off. I can see it made sense for Rolls Royce to concentrate on more powerful engines than the Peregrine.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Was the Boulton Paul Defiant a doomed concept from the start? How difficult would it have been to add some forward pointing guns for the pilot. Could the turret have been made lighter and more streamlined?

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Were the Lancaster and the other heavy bombers over-manned. The crew of seven was pilot, navigator, flight engineer, bomb aimer, radio operator, mid upper gunner and rear gunner. The Mosquito made do with a pilot and navigator. Could the mid upper turret have been dispensed with? It would have improved aerodynamics. Could the navigator role be combined with the bomb aimer? Did they really need a flight engineer? Did the radio operator only operate the radio or did he operate other electronic equipment. I'd have tried to reduce the crew to four.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
The lyrics of Abba.
For example, from Mamma Mia:
"I've been cheated by you since I don't know when. So I made up my mind it must come to an end."

Yes - like the first time.

Dancing Queen:
"You are the dancing queen. Young and sweet, only seventeen."

I know it was the 70s, but a bit borderline.

Super Trouper:
"I was sick and tired of everything, when I called you last night from Glasgow. "

Why does 'Glasgow' sound wrong? If Agnetta had sung 'Oslo' or 'Malmo' it would not have sounded so wrong to my ears.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
The lyrics of Abba.
For example, from Mamma Mia:
"I've been cheated by you since I don't know when. So I made up my mind it must come to an end."

Yes - like the first time.

Dancing Queen:
"You are the dancing queen. Young and sweet, only seventeen."

I know it was the 70s, but a bit borderline.

Super Trouper:
"I was sick and tired of everything, when I called you last night from Glasgow. "

Why does 'Glasgow' sound wrong? If Agnetta had sung 'Oslo' or 'Malmo' it would not have sounded so wrong to my ears.
If that's borderline how about Chuck Berry's 'Sweet Liittle Sixteen' or The Beatles 'I saw her standing there' - 'She was just seventeen, you know what I mean'?

Chris S

Legendary Member
Do younger readers of 'The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy' realize that Ford Prefect was a make and model of car?

Kingfisher101

Über Member
It bothers me that King Charles friendship with Savile was just glossed over really. Right, so your very close friends with someone for absolutely years and you don't have a clue what they are up to despite it being an open secret.
Andrew has been banished from public life due to all that he was involved with with includes the friendship with Epstein, but nothing more is said about Charles.

Top Bottom