Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Okay, I get that she's got a brand new pair of roller skates. That's lovely, I'm made up for her, really I am. What's him having a key got to do with anything?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I passed my test in an Anglia when I was 17 (C1964).

I passed my driving test in a BSM owned Austin Allegro aged 18, in November 1978. :okay: An old mate of mine owned a Ford Anglia in the early 1980's. It was one of those 'souped up' ones, with the wide chrome wheels, fluorescent green metallic paintwork and one of those air horns that did that very amplified Mexican sound thing. :rolleyes: Being seen in it as a passenger, by folks who knew me was pure 'cringeworthyness'!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm a fan of McCoy's crisps. But why can't you buy multi packs of ready salted ones? I've not seen them anywhere. You can get all the other flavours in a 6 pack, and a mix containing 2 ready salted.

Do they still do that mexican chilli version? That was the food of the gods.

Gwylan

Veteran
Why don't we just have one year with 365 days in it, instead of months? Then we could just say "my birthday is on the 184th" and you wouldn't have to state a month becasue there wouldn't be any

Spiffing idea, nice and simple.

Erm, but?
What about leap years?
A lot of people would have birthday number that moved once every 4 years.
What happens to poor blighters born on 29th Feb?

Use of the word condo. What is it? I know it's an American thing but I'm sure someone in here has used it, I don't even more what it is! It's it flats, maisonettes, detached or semi detached houses or what?

Gwylan

Veteran

Erm, but?
What about leap years?

They'd be born on the 60th presumably, or the 366th.

I have seen a suggestion that we should add a '1' in front of the year number, so this year would be 12024, for example, or 11066 for the Battle of Hastings, to give a more accurate view of how long history has been happening.

Last edited:

Alex321

Veteran

Erm, but?
What about leap years?

Well presumably the extra day would be the 366th, and it wouold be the same for them as it is currently for those born on 29th Feb.

Most of them will celebrate their birthday on the 1st of March or the 28th of February in "normal" years, and with this system would celbrate it on either the 1st or the 365th

Gwylan

Veteran
Well presumably the extra day would be the 366th, and it wouold be the same for them as it is currently for those born on 29th Feb.

Most of them will celebrate their birthday on the 1st of March or the 28th of February in "normal" years, and with this system would celbrate it on either the 1st or the 365th

Great until you get to day 60. Every fourth year it will be February 29th and the other 3 years the 1st of March 1st.

As you can imagine it is pouring down, all the modest jobs are done on the bike and I'm bored!

Alex321

Veteran
Great until you get to day 60. Every fourth year it will be February 29th and the other 3 years the 1st of March 1st.

As you can imagine it is pouring down, all the modest jobs are done on the bike and I'm bored!

I imagine that if they did go to just a day number, then the additional day every 4th year would be day 366. There won't be any change at day 60.

It is only February currently because that is the shortest month, I believe, not for any intrinsic reason why it needs to happen at that time of year.

Top Bottom