Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Which came first - the chicken or the egg?
The Cockerel of course. :tongue:

Which came first - the chicken or the egg?
The egg.

Whatever was the mother of the first thing that we would call a chicken was some sort of bird, that laid an egg. And back until the dinosaurs.

Also

4561cd56e7f6cfbfb526aff8cf2c7e48--a-chicken-the-egg.jpg

gbb

Legendary Member
If the universe is expanding then what's it expanding into? :smile:
Infinity always got me. The only way I could rationalise it was by imagining ALL of space in a box....but then you instantly think ...whats on the outside of the box :wacko::cry:

On the subject of space...why is it you turn a light out...the light disappears (almost) instantly. So why can we see light from stars that died billions of years ago.

Yes I knows there' a logical explanation, but my head doesn' seem to want to absorb it :laugh:

gbb

Legendary Member
its always bothered me why the evaporated milk is still there when you open the tin :wacko:
Class...:laugh:

Levo-Lon

Guru
5040966 said:
When one of our boys was a toddler he asked how the moon was keeping up with us on the motorway.

A bit like ' are we there yet' as a kid it always seemed to be much further

Last edited by a moderator:

TVC

Why can't anybody accept that if you fix the size of space but allow the speed of light to vary then that leads to the unification of quantum theory with relativity and also draws in gravity, so solving the key failure of modern physics.

I sometimes think that I'm the only one who can see this. What bothers me is that Brian Cox and Jim Al-Khallili reject this because it would blow their TV careers out of the water.

Oh and you wouldn't need that stupid dark energy fudge either.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Why can't anybody accept that if you fix the size of space but allow the speed of light to vary then that leads to the unification of quantum theory with relativity and also draws in gravity, so solving the key failure of modern physics.

I sometimes think that I'm the only one who can see this. What bothers me is that Brian Cox and Jim Al-Khallili reject this because it would blow their TV careers out of the water.

Oh and you wouldn't need that stupid dark energy fudge either.
Think you might be onto something there.

Reactions: TVC
Top Bottom