Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

And after going to such great pains to explain it wasn't in any way shape or form a flounce..

Huh.

You've almost got me wanting to do a proper full on flouncey flounce now, and do it reeal goood too.

"The Full Flamenco"

Even

But best get back to the dull ol admin sorting instead.. :shy:

Last edited:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
well mudsticks, I may have shied away from commenting (and I stress again not criticising Chris's post) but I must say you have posted without saying anything about your views at all.
Or are you just telling us that you have read a book?
I trust you aren't accusing me, or chris for that matter, of "ill informed prejudice".
You'd need more (like some) evidence for that.

I said I read this book as it was instructive on an issue that I personally knew very little about, and it thereby relieved me of some of the burden of any ill informed prejudice, that I might be carrying.

I know nothing of your levels of knowledge.

That is all.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
The Coca Cola Truck

With all the worry about climate change and cutting our carbon footprint, how can they justify driving a big lorry all around the country, that isn't even delivering anything ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Why did the BBC cancel the John Sullivan (I think that was his name) sitcom Dear John after the second series? I thought it was a bloody good show, at least as good as Just Good Friends and Citizen Smith, both of which went on for years. I wanted to know if Kirk got off with Tiger, and now I'll never know.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
If the plural of mouse is mice and the plural of goose is geese, why isn't the plural of moose meese?

Not really something that has bothered me for long. I just thought of it now. Perhaps the plural of moose is meese. I can imagine it is just moose, e.g. there's a herd of ten moose over there. Where did they get the word 'moose' from anyway? Is it a Native American word? Our word for them was elk, although they have been a long time extinct.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
In the New Testament, Jesus talks about separating the wheat from the chaff, and the sheep from the goats. What is wrong with goats? I like them, probably more than sheep. I gather chaff is the waste byproduct of wheat, although I don't know for sure.

classic33

Leg End Member
Shakespeare: I don't really understand him, and when I do, I don't really like him particularly. Does that make me thick. Similarly, classical music.
In't he a wee bit dead?

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Peking and Bombay: why do we now call them Beijing and Mumbai? We don't insist the French call London London and not Londres. The Germans are fairly relaxed about us calling Koln Cologne. Alright, Beijing and Mumbai might be a little closer to the native pronunciation, but if you say them in a British accent, it is not going to sound anything like the natives would say it.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
If the plural of mouse is mice and the plural of goose is geese, why isn't the plural of moose meese?

Not really something that has bothered me for long. I just thought of it now. Perhaps the plural of moose is meese. I can imagine it is just moose, e.g. there's a herd of ten moose over there. Where did they get the word 'moose' from anyway? Is it a Native American word? Our word for them was elk, although they have been a long time extinct.
You remind me of one of my dad's favourite jokes, about the guy writing a letter to another zoo, asking if they could send him two mongooses...er, mongeese....er....

"Please send us a mongoose. While you're about it, send us another one."

Top Bottom