Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That the world is built around extroverts

And how.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
In the film Dambusters, Guy Gibson gets the idea for keeping the bombers the right height above the reservoirs when he goes to a show and sees two spotlights converge on a dancer. That would have taken Barnes Wallis about five seconds to think of, so why didn't he suggest it himself? Was it because if he suggested to the airmen they shine two spotlights on lake surface during the bombing runs the crews would object, where as if they thought of it themselves they'd do it?

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
The French.

Chris S

Legendary Member
What's the point of Muslim girls wearing headscarves to protect their modesty if they're also going to wear skin-tight leggings that leave nothing to the imagination?

What's the point of Muslim girls wearing headscarves to protect their modesty if they're also going to wear skin-tight leggings that leave nothing to the imagination?
I think we'll ponder this quietly rather than dare speculate online :smile:
not dissing your post I stress.

Drago

Legendary Member
Sour grapes bothers me. This whole "someone else has something that I haven't got, so I reckon they shouldn't have it" attitude that pervades everything from Motability cars to private education. Does my chuffing head in.

And it's getting worse. Moan, whittle, complain, grumble, everywhere you look. Instead of working to improve their own lot they'd rather handicap others so they can't have them instead. That isn't fairness, that's just sour grapes.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I think we'll ponder this quietly rather than dare speculate online :smile:
not dissing your post I stress.

Sorry - me again, I know I said I'd buggered off.:whistle:

But as a non religious person, who is interested in such questions, and keen to build a better understanding, rather than to hang on to ill-informed prejudice.

I found this book very instructive.

Ps the cover isn't nearly that mucky, but clearly (sic) the porch window is.:rolleyes:

well mudsticks, I may have shied away from commenting (and I stress again not criticising Chris's post) but I must say you have posted without saying anything about your views at all.
Or are you just telling us that you have read a book?
I trust you aren't accusing me, or chris for that matter, of "ill informed prejudice".
You'd need more (like some) evidence for that.

Top Bottom