Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rocky

Hello decadence
This is how accidents and disasters happen: when evidence makes it plain that people's brains don't work in the required manner, but it's assumed they will/must anyway. You know that a crew cut might be associated with an image you don't want, but you have the option not to wear a crew cut if you don't like the assumptions.
Or perhaps I'm hoping that people are more open minded in the 21st century and wouldn't judge me by something as silly as appearance.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I think the smirk on his face made it plain.

Well once again its an interpretation, or possible projection on your part.

'smirk' is a rather loaded way of saying smiling faintly.
Again we don't know his motivation, only your assumption.

But at the end of it all, if you think he is trying to shock, and you don't want to give him the satisfaction, then just don't react :okay:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
This is how accidents and disasters happen: when evidence makes it plain that people's brains don't work in the required manner, but it's assumed they will/must anyway. You know that a crew cut might be associated with an image you don't want, but you have the option not to wear a crew cut if you don't like the assumptions.

I can't claim to have seen it, but I think it's somewhat unfair to suggest that Mr Bruce's hairdo is about to precipitate a disaster.

Why on earth should he have to change his barnet, for fear of some numbskull jumping to conclusions, as to his political views ??

We're back to questioning the moral probity of the young lady sat on the bench, quietly minding her own bodily adornment..

Whilst enjoying her fermented apple juice.:whistle:

Last edited:
I can't claim to have seen it, but I think it's somewhat unfair to suggest that Mr Bruce's hairdo is about to precipitate a disaster.

Personally I think @Surly Bruce's monocle is much more disconcerting than his hairdo.

Having spent a lot of time in the company of people with rather lavish tattoos, including facial tattoos, I think another point is that we are often looking at a different culture from the outside, and often they are not looking for our good opinion, their concern is the opinion of the people within their culture.

We have the same in cycling culture. People who don't cycle don't find Bromptons interesting, or may think a Brooks saddle looks strange and uncomfortable, but within cycling culture they are appreciated and even admired in many cases, so we don't have any interest in the opinions of people on the outside.

In the same way, Germans have Lederhosen and Oompah music, need I say more?

Last edited:
You know that a crew cut might be associated with an image you don't want, but you have the option not to wear a crew cut if you don't like the assumptions.

I could as well, but if my hair gets too long Beautiful Daughter uses use my hair as a steering mechanism when she sits on my shoulders, and that would lead to accidents and disasters.

The other problem here is that the logical conclusion of the argument (and I don't think @presta is suggesting this) is that we have a Singaporesque public dress code so everyone looks the same and no-one is offended by anyone's appearance, which isn't a good direction to follow.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
View attachment 492010

Personally I think @Surly Bruce's monocle is much more disconcerting than his hairdo.

Having spent a lot of time in the company of people with rather lavish tattoos, including facial tattoos, I think another point is that we are often looking at a different culture from the outside, and often they are not looking for our good opinion, their concern is the opinion of the people within their culture.

We have the same in cycling culture. People outside of cycling culture don't find Bromptons interesting, or think a Brooks saddle looks strange and uncomfortable, but within cycling culture or cycling subculture they are appreciated and even admired in many cases, so we don't have any interest in the opinions of people outside of our culture.

In the same way, Germans have Lederhosen and Oompah music, need I say more?

"Cycling culture"

Could this be the unintended consequences of not changing ones shorts often enough??

Oh dear I think I spend far too much time on here.

Birthday drinks with tattooed first born await.

So I shall leave you with a freshly harvested cabbage to contemplate.

I'm sure this is the sort of thing that has bothered many over the years.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
"Cycling culture"

Could this be the unintended consequences of not changing ones shorts often enough??

Oh dear I think I spend far too much time on here.

Birthday drinks with tattooed first born await.

So I shall leave you with a freshly harvested cabbage to contemplate.

I'm sure this is the sort of thing that has bothered many over the years.

View attachment 492014
Fab cab! I'll have to post a photo of my pumpkins.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Fab cab! I'll have to post a photo of my pumpkins.

The carrots are pretty fine right now as well.... More filthy veg :rolleyes:

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
First, it appears I may have offended some people with my comments of concerning tattoos; I apologize as this was not my intent.

Secondly, to clarify, my definition of "classy" is along these lines: https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/classy -stylish and sophisticated. I'd argue both of these descriptions are subjective, but neither infer someone is honest, salt of the earth, less intelligent, mean or any less worthy or any other trait.

Anyway, my comments were purely from my subjective point of view and were certainly not directed at any gender nor implying someone is more of less worthy of respect. But, again, no matter what anybody says, I can't say I've found any tattoo stylish or "classy" (which doesn't mean to say they aren't stylish or "classy", just that I don't find them as such). I really don't care if someone has or doesn't have tattoos, to each their own. I will, however, stress this does not mean I'm assuming a character trait just because I don't find something aesthetically to my liking.

Now that's a character assumption :smile:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
First, it appears I may have offended some people with my comments of concerning tattoos; I apologize as this was not my intent.

Secondly, to clarify, my definition of "classy" is along these lines: https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/classy -stylish and sophisticated. I'd argue both of these descriptions are subjective, but neither infer someone is honest, salt of the earth, less intelligent, mean or any less worthy or any other trait.

Anyway, my comments were purely from my subjective point of view and were certainly not directed at any gender nor implying someone is more of less worthy of respect. But, again, no matter what anybody says, I can't say I've found any tattoo stylish or "classy" (which doesn't mean to say they aren't stylish or "classy", just that I don't find them as such). I really don't care if someone has or doesn't have tattoos, to each their own. I will, however, stress this does not mean I'm assuming a character trait just because I don't find something aesthetically to my liking.

Now that's a character assumption :smile:

S'okay,

You like marmite..

So you must be alright really.. :okay:

The B - vitamin tribe must never be divided

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
i haven't got one - but i intend to have something like it - in the house that might get built here one day.

I've used them at other peoples places and quite like the concept - you can do comfy sitting down kitchen prep at them, as well as eating.

And who knows?? It might even lend an air of 'classiness' to my life - that is clearly lacking right now :rolleyes:

Do I take it you are a person of the female persuasion? Not that I apologize, I'm just interested.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
If tree seeds are spread by birds and animals eating the fruit and passing the seeds through their intestine then what creature eats avocados?

More importantly, why is the plural of avocado avocados when the plurals of 🍅 and 🥔 are tomatoes and potatoes. This has not bothered me for a long time, about five minutes.

Top Bottom