Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Why does Mrs Brown look like a bad drag act?
Mostly as Mrs Brown is a bad drag act

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Why doesn't anything eat sloths? They must be dead easy to hunt. You just push the branch to and fro until it falls off.

Not particularly bothersome, but I'm a bit confused by a number of E-bike users I've seen pushing their bike up hills, including one couple who rode up a gentle gradient then got off and pushed up a short steep bit.
I have very little experience on E-bikes, but doesn't that defeat the object? Surely the point is that you have help up hills? I also thought that if you aren't pedalling the motor is providing resistance, so it is harder to push up a hill than a normal bike?
I'm not criticising people at all, just curious.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Not particularly bothersome, but I'm a bit confused by a number of E-bike users I've seen pushing their bike up hills, including one couple who rode up a gentle gradient then got off and pushed up a short steep bit.
I have very little experience on E-bikes, but doesn't that defeat the object? Surely the point is that you have help up hills? I also thought that if you aren't pedalling the motor is providing resistance, so it is harder to push up a hill than a normal bike?
I'm not criticising people at all, just curious.
'The point' is that you have electrical help, hills or no. Surely the answer is simply that many people who ride ebikes aren't that great at cycling and find, for example, going up 'short steep bits' too challenging, even with battery help.

'The point' is that you have electrical help, hills or no. Surely the answer is simply that many people who ride ebikes aren't that great at cycling and find, for example, going up 'short steep bits' too challenging, even with battery help.

I understand this, as I said, I'm not knocking people on Ebikes, I just thought it was harder to push an Ebike than a regular bike, or can you turn the motor on when not pedalling?

Top Bottom