Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have

Have heard the term manflu - can you define it for me? -

One description I heard was "Like normal Flu but with extra melodrama and histrionics" Locally it appears to have entered the Lexicon as "Men using a sniff as an excuse to get out of work" Although I should add the disclaimer that German does sometimes adopt or even make up English terms and then use them for different things.

Certainly the statistics of the German health service and the comments from professionals suggest that it takes a great deal for men to get treatment for anything.

Thanks for confirming my vague idea of what it was supposed to mean. Confirms also my mystification as like you I rather have the idea that if anything men are far less likely to seek medical attention. Tend to think it became popularised as part of a certain contemporary strand to denigrate men - definitely exists, not often admitted to.
(and makes note - a crown fell off a tooth of mine on a bike ride a week ago - really must make dental appointment - crown sat in one of the battery cases I was carrying at the time).

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Because you have become old.

Not so, I'm relatively 'old' by some standards.

But there's still plenty of absolutely brilliant music being created, you've just got to seek it out.

It's a great time to be alive around music..

All the back catalogues, plus loads more new stuff coming through.

What amazes me is the capacity for originality, and creativity that endures :okay:

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
BBC news breakfast.

During the week, fine. The best handsome male presenters and middle aged female presenters who are easy on the eye are given the job.

However, during the weekend the handsome and attractive presenters star home and the BBC wheel out the B class presenters - they're visibly less good looking, markedly so, to the point that it's quite obvious.

That bothers me. I would like to ogle Louise Minchin 7 days a week.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Why does Currys PC World think I would buy anything from them advertised as a 'Crimbo Must Have'? :sad:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Dear John Lewis

I used to think you ruined classic songs every Christmas.

However, this year you've really excelled yourself - by totally destroying one.

PS : Whoever told that tone deaf Bastille nobber he could sing, needs shooting.

He couldn't hold a note, if you wrote it on a post-it and stuck to his Palm.

The ripped/torn jeans thing (apologies if already mentioned).

Kinda interesting I suppose for a while but it has gone on far too long, some of the jeans are more rip than material.

Have seen the "fashion" on loads of folks including, most ludicrously, a late middle aged bloke.

Can only think he was going through a mid life crisis.

More recently I've seen some women wearing ripped jeans with leggings underneath. Might be practical as the weather turns, but looks doubly daft. In London. No idea how general this is.

By the end of next summer maybe we'll be onto ripped leggings under ripped jeans.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity

Kinda interesting I suppose for a while but it has gone on far too long, some of the jeans are more rip than material.

Have seen the "fashion" on loads of folks including, most ludicrously, a late middle aged bloke.

More recently I've seen some women wearing ripped jeans with leggings underneath. Might be practical as the weather turns, but looks doubly daft. In London. No idea how general this is.

By the end of next summer maybe we'll be onto ripped leggings under ripped jeans.
It was a thing years ago too. Nothing new in fashion.

Jason Donovan was famously thrown out of Harrods in 1992 for wearing ripped jeans.
I bet that’s no longer a policy.

yep has been going on for years. Too too too many years.

I have two pairs of black demins so ripped the crotches have gone.

I use them for bike cleaning/fettling.

But can reassure folks that I wear black shorts under them.

maybe eventually the wanabee fashionistas will get round to adding the grease.

carrying a grease gun for mid evening relubes.

Chris S

Legendary Member
It was a thing years ago too. Nothing new in fashion.

Jason Donovan was famously thrown out of Harrods in 1992 for wearing ripped jeans.
I bet that’s no longer a policy.
I think he'd actually bought them there. If it wasn't him then it was someone else.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member

I bought some 'distressed' jeans off ebay once - got back to the bloke saying these aren't distressed, they're bleedin' suicidal.

Top Bottom