Things that have bothered you for a long time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
People that drive their fat, lardy, rosy cheeked offspring 300 metres to school. Our village is less than 3/4 of a mile long end to end, and the primary school is dead in the middle, and these f***wits are killing the planets and shortenting their childs offspring in the name of thoughtless laziness.

Indeed, our local Police and Crime Commissioner lives on the same street as the school, perhaps 200 metres away, and drives his brats their. The other day he looked like he was about to park on the yellow zig zags to deposit his sprogs and it was only me giving him the lazy eye that stoppes him.

Its a perennial moan, but one that needs to be let loose now and again.

Last edited:

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
While I recognise there’s a whole generation who may have never used a landline telephone, why do the same generation use their mobiles like walkie-talkies?
Badly described, but does anyone know what I mean?
Whenever I see it I always feel like saying ‘Roger, Wilco and out’.

Last edited:
While I recognise there’s a whole generation who may have never used a conventional telephone, why do the same generation use their mobiles like walkie-talkies?
Badly described, but does anyone know what I mean?
Whenever I see it I always feel like saying ‘Roger, Wilco and out’.
Because they are designed to be flat to fit in pockets? Someone (Ericson?) used to feature the lack of face fit on handsets that didn't fold out to a shape that sort of face fitted.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Neighbours who always put out wrong set of bins. Recycling when it’s general waste and general waste when it’s recycling week. As if the bin weeks are suddenly going to swap,over.
I can sympathise as our local council puts out a timetable for collections but somebody has spent a lot of time making it as difficult to understand as possible.😠

sasquath

Because they are designed to be flat to fit in pockets? Someone (Ericson?) used to feature the lack of face fit on handsets that didn't fold out to a shape that sort of face fitted.
Doesn't make any sense to use it as walkie talkie or hold it Ike a sandwich anyway. Mic and speaker are positioned for use as a phone. Many landline phones are flat too, nobody uses them as walkie talkie.

Doesn't make any sense to use it as walkie talkie or hold it Ike a sandwich anyway. Mic and speaker are positioned for use as a phone. Many landline phones are flat too, nobody uses them as walkie talkie.
Agreed. I blame the Apprentice.

Or there is the reason my neighbour does it - if he wants to sit in his back garden and catch up with all his sweary mates, it would be selfish if we couldn't hear both sides of the conversation from inside our house.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Why do spiders leap on my bikes and start spinning webs within seconds of putting them back in shed? Do they not realise the bike will be on the move again next day?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
"Simple answer is this: dickheads. Dickheads can press that button and then quickly exit the loo as the door closes. If this just closes the door, no problem. If it locks the door, such that you need to press a button on the inside (now empty) to open back up? You've just taken the loo out of commission until staff come along. The two button system means that the loo can only lock when someone is inside."
posted by Dysk at 4:24 AM on March 1, 2017 [73 favorites]

https://www.metafilter.com/165371/On-Virgin-Train-Toilets

That really is quite clever isn't it?

Top Bottom