Things that have crept into modern football

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

that need to be stamped out

Players all shaking their hands with their arms spread out going "whooooah" in time with the fans before they lift a trophy

Woman going to games with replica tops on with Mrs Lampard, Mrs Torres etc..... on the back

Players taking their kids and wives/girlfriends onto the park when they win something or last home game of the season

PA announcer when reading the home team out just saying the first name and the fans shouting the surname (really winds me up this one)

All seater stadiums but to be fair there's a valid reason for this being the case.

Anymore suggestions welcome

Debian

Bloody stupid goal celebrations.

Roger Millar has a lot to answer for!

Noodley

Greedo said:
Players all shaking their hands with their arms spread out going "whooooah" in time with the fans before they lift a trophy

You're not gonna have to worry too much about that given you're a Celtic fan
xx(

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Noodley said:
You're not gonna have to worry too much about that given you're a Celtic fan
xx(

6a00d835349ad569e20120a95175ce970b-500wi

:blush:

longers

Legendary Member
Music being played after goals are scored, it's bobbins. Let the fans make some noise.

I'm assuming they still do it, not been on for a few years xx(

OP
OP
G

Greedo

longers said:
Music being played after goals are scored, it's bobbins. Let the fans make some noise.

I'm assuming they still do it, not been on for a few years :blush:

Oh aye that as well. Even have different ones for different players xx(

Debian said:
Bloody stupid goal celebrations.

Yeah, what's wrong with just the fans throwing bog rolls onto the pitch like the old days! xx(

Aged 7, I watched Brentwood Town FC playing at home, just up the road from where I lived, and I was 'encouraged' to throw a roll onto the pitch, which I did, and got a real bollocking from the ref, no less. I nearly crapped myself! :blush:

montage

God Almighty
That portugal *** ronaldo.
I don't even like football, but if I was given a double barrelled shotgun and told to shoot two people, I would shoot him twice.

dav1d

The tannoy announcing "Testing, testing 123" over and over and over again before a match - I used to live near the Manchester City ground and it was really annoying!

People asking you what team you support - when you don't even watch fottball!

Top Bottom