Things that make you feel young again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
cycle trips with camping gear not really having a clue where I'm going to sleep, but just knowing that it will all work out in some kind of way, like my several youthful inter-rail trips. *

* tho maybe in my now wiser years I'll skip sleeping on a roundabout in the Bois de Boulogne (my first night abroad) - in the morning my mate told me he'd been kept awake by prostitutes taking clients into the bushes. I'd slept through it all - these days maybe wouldn't.

Ah the Bois....

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Flying a kite. Got one recently and it instantly took me back to being on a beach in Wales on holiday. This one was miles better though!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Flying a kite. Got one recently and it instantly took me back to being on a beach in Wales on holiday. This one was miles better though!
I used to love that. There was a revival about twenty years ago, has it come back again?
I moved over to RC slope gliders but would like to try kites again.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I used to love that. There was a revival about twenty years ago, has it come back again?
I moved over to RC slope gliders but would like to try kites again.

I don't know if there's been a revival, but I just happened to see a kite in a shop and thought I'd give it a go again. This one has two controlling lines so you can do all sorts of acrobatics with it, fantastic fun. Crashed and burned several times, but the kite seems to have held up.

Gwylan

Veteran
care to tell us more?

Erm, no. There's a non disclosure on it.

Top Bottom