Things that make you feel young again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Flying a kite. Got one recently and it instantly took me back to being on a beach in Wales on holiday. This one was miles better though!

When I was in primary school we made kites from bits of cane and old newspapers stuck together with flour paste. The tail was bits of newspaper and string. Nothing fancy and easily made but great fun.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
I got asked for proof of age when I tried to buy alcohol at Aldi. I just took off my woolly hat to reveal a balding middle-aged hairline.

Ha ! Been there. Was made to reveal my Helicopter landing pad before; in an effort to buy Alcohol…..

Rules are rules I understand. But with wrinkles under my eyes, crows feet, a double chin and grey goatee beard: did we really need to belittle me further by making me take my hat off too 🤣

8mph

Veteran
Being one of those tea-total, quinoa eating vegan types and loads of outdoor work. Raw food +supplements. Non of it was planned as such. I wasn't getting drunk but the amount I consume always creeps up on me to the point where I start feeling grumpy at work. Food wise I'm unimaginative and ate too many beef stews over winter, then too much fish during spring, decided to give tofu a go a few months ago and haven't looked back.

Not meaning to wax lyrical but the benefits are tangible and I haven't keeled over YET!

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I’ve never felt old.

When I was One,
I had just begun.
When I was Two,
I was nearly new.
When I was Three
I was hardly me.
When I was Four,
I was not much more.
When I was Five,
I was just alive.
But now I am Six,
I'm as clever as clever,
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.

A. A. Milne.

Top Bottom