Things that make you smile...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobg

Über Member
I was walking through the park by the duckpond today when I passed a Sefton Council Parks and Gardens van parked up with three sons of the soil having a smoke and a brew and reading the paper. I thought little of it but upon my return about an hour later there they were, the same blokes in pretty much the same position. As I passed them I noticed writ large on the van door "Landscape Rapid Response Team":biggrin: I was musing along the lines of " OK men, emergency call out Ha Ha to be dug by June 2012 - go go go.... maybe you had to be there...

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
'Landscape Rapid Response Team'? Funny, I've never really thought of landscaping as one of those 'GO! GO! GO!' rapid response kind of deals.

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Son to Dad,"hey what do you do for a living Dad", Dad to son " I'm the head of the Landscaping Rapid Response Team:becool: " Puts me in mind of the Emergency Tatting and Quiling League. All very Pratchetesque...:smile:

oxbob

Your taking the pi$$, I worked in this field(pun intended) we only have 2 months in which to rip up the dhalia's and plant the perrenial pansie's!!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
bobg said:
Son to Dad,"hey what do you do for a living Dad", Dad to son " I'm the head of the Landscaping Rapid Response Team:becool: " Puts me in mind of the Emergency Tatting and Quiling League. All very Pratchetesque...:smile:
Reminds me of one of my favourite Joe Orton lines, where a character cries off from something because she has some 'urgent knitting' to do.

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
[quote name='swee'pea99']Reminds me of one of my favourite Joe Orton lines, where a character cries off from something because she has some 'urgent knitting' to do.[/quote]:biggrin::biggrin:

I have a deadline for colour coordinating my sock drawer:thumbsup:

BTW No offence Oxbob, its just that the ebb and flow off of the seasons dont conjure up rapid response to me.:laugh:

oxbob

bobg said:
:biggrin::biggrin:

I have a deadline for colour coordinating my sock drawer:thumbsup:

BTW No offence Oxbob, its just that the ebb and flow off of the seasons dont conjure up rapid response to me.:laugh:
It's ok , it has more to do with the culture of local goverment rather than the worker's in the van

ACS

Legendary Member
They must had taken lessons from our grounds staff, 24 movements with a hoe per hour, per team member. I have even applied for job with them maybe after 10 hard labour I will be allowed to drive the little tractor.

Mr Pig

Things that make you smile

Small children falling over and hurting themselves.

bobg said:
I was walking through the park by the duckpond today when I passed a Sefton Council Parks and Gardens van parked up with three sons of the soil having a smoke and a brew and reading the paper. I thought little of it but upon my return about an hour later there they were, the same blokes in pretty much the same position. As I passed them I noticed writ large on the van door "Landscape Rapid Response Team":biggrin: I was musing along the lines of " OK men, emergency call out Ha Ha to be dug by June 2012 - go go go.... maybe you had to be there...
Then I think the're breaking the law which says that smoking in works vans with two or more people in is a no-no.

buggi

Bird Saviour
i was once behind a dirty whale tanker, and somebody had written in the dirt on the back...

poo

i laughed all the way to work. it just ticked me

Top Bottom