Things that remind you of random, unrelated things

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Certain peoples' faces make me think of a hen's bottom.
Strangely related, perhaps; a girl I used to go to school with used to say that a lad's face a couple of years above us, made her think "Kellogg's Corn Flakes".

Maybe it was the rooster logo.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Rover-P6.jpg

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Chopping vegetables up for soup in my kitchen makes me think of the Caravan Club site at Forfar. I cannot think of any connection to account for this. I am unlikely to be back there anyway as I have sold my motorhome and not yet replaced it.

Cooking sausages on a Sunday always brings to mind Intel processors. Think I was thinking about such things the first time we did a Sunday fry-up and it stuck...
:biggrin:

This fine young man is Gyrano Kerk, FC Utrecht's left winger:

1584181699359.png

When watching him play, I have often caught the internal commentary in my head referring to him as "King" instead of "Kerk". I have now retrained my interior John Motson to call him Rudyard Kipling instead:

1584181831040.png

as he is The Man Who Would be King.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
The song Word Up by Cameo reminds me of the Stephen King book Christine. It was on the radio all the time when I was reading the book.

View: https://youtu.be/MZjAantupsA

I thought that Cameo had the most TOTP complaints due to Mr Cameo's cod piece, but I had a quick check and it appears to be the Manics cos of James Dean Bradfield's balaclava, but then Word Up was 1986 and Faster was 1994, so maybe it held the record for a while at least.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
If I know two unrelated people with the same name, and one of them has a common nickname amongst their friends, I can sometimes use the same nickname for the other person much to their puzzlement.

Every time I ride into work and catch sight of the Somerset CCC floodlights, I think of a good friend of mine and my wife, a lovely elderly lady who passed away in Taunton hospital a year ago. We watched together with Brenda, out of her hospital ward window, as they put up the first floodlight. This turned out to be the day before she died.

I've no doubt that I will always consider them "Brenda's" lights :smile:

Top Bottom