Things that remind you of random, unrelated things

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I remember hearing on radio 4 about the Titanic’s sister ship Britannic (which also sank) as I was driving round a particular bend along a county road. That was the first time I’d ever heard the Titanic had a sister ship, but every time I subsequently drove round that particular bend, the Titanic’s sister ship popped into my mind.

Jameshow

Veteran

Reminds me of my parents rover 3.5 powering up the hill from Wycombe to Marlow.

classic33

Leg End Member
I remember hearing on radio 4 about the Titanic’s sister ship Britannic (which also sank) as I was driving round a particular bend along a county road. That was the first time I’d ever heard the Titanic had a sister ship, but every time I subsequently drove round that particular bend, the Titanic’s sister ship popped into my mind.
She, Titanic, was the sister ship to Olympic, which was the first of the three ships.

Petrichorwheels

Pardon the clumsy thread title, but I can't think of any other day to express the condition by which every time I see the front end of an Austin 1800 "Landcrab", I think of Cliff Michelmore.

Why is that? And are there other examples of this madness to relate?

Red corvette?

lazybloke

Considering a new username
People say that Coldplay songs send them to sleep but I associate the opening bars of "Clocks" with all the fun of skiing down the slopes after too many gluwein.

All because of a skiing trip when the track was released; it was seemingly blaring out from every single mountain bar & restaurant, and that association has stuck ever since.

presta

Guru
The verdict on the Polish missile strike reminds me of the scene from Thirteen Days where the reconnaissance plane returns with 'bird strike' damage.

For years, cooking a fried breakfast (particularly the sausages, for some reason...) reminded me of the Gannel estuary and Pentium III processors.
No, not a clue.
It doesn't happen these days, no idea why!

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
Whenever I see electrical conduit, I start wanting a cup of tea.

Petrichorwheels

Whiff of bad drains - for years reminded me of the freedom of youthful inter-railing. Think it had some connection to London Victoria station.

Top Bottom