Things that shouldn't be in salads...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I like grapes in salad, what does everyone think about that?

No fruit in salads...end of

And if you sprinkle roasted pine nuts on my salad you'll get a punch up the bracket

Julia9054

Guru
IMG_3173.JPG

Basically, ham, gherkins and mayo

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I like to keep salads simple, Lettuce, Onions And Cucumber with 1 other ingredient like Radish :hungry: or Sweet Pepper or Olives/Grapes.

Mind you we're lucky in that our local shop sells excellent Lettuce grown in Lancashire all year round. :hungry:

pawl

Legendary Member

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
There's a lot of salad growing local to me, being particularly famous for the production of watercress. There are also industrial salad production facilities on two of my frequent ride routes through Alresford (Alresford Salads) and St Mary Bourne (Vitacress).
What I'm saying is avoid salad from Hampshire because I've probably peed on it.

(If any hotshot salad lawyers see this, it's a joke, ok!)

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
There's a lot of salad growing local to me, being particularly famous for the production of watercress. There are also industrial salad production facilities on two of my frequent ride routes through Alresford (Alresford Salads) and St Mary Bourne (Vitacress).
What I'm saying is avoid salad from Hampshire because I've probably peed on it.

(If any hotshot salad lawyers see this, it's a joke, ok!)
Also never pick a wild blackberry below waste height.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
There's not much I won't put in a salad. I chop everything fairly small and eat from a bowl.
Grapes and tart apple chopped are acceptable but I draw the line on fruit there.
Every coloured pepper, celery, beetroot, crispy lettuce, cucumber, toms, fine green beans, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, radish,
p.s. No grated carrot or sweetcorn.

Top Bottom