Things that you never see on CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I spotted a person of extraordinary length on one 2 am visit to the forum ... :eek:

I know that the forum is full of proud, upstanding members, but this 'member' was way too proud and very much too upstanding! :whistle:

Most of the mods must have been asleep at the time. I reported the 'Dick Dastardly' post and went to bed! :laugh:
@classic33 tends to be a nocturnal poster on here. Just sayin'....... :whistle:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
The descriptive word "Cockwomble" Seems to of disappeared from the forum.^_^

winjim

Smash the cistern
An actual technical explanation of.the specific differences between Shimano road groupsets.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
A thread that is little critical of the site that doesn't get capped off with "this thread has run its course"

I could do with that in the real world.

A thread where two posters disagree and someone else does not jump in and reply on behalf of one of the posters.
I think that's ok. If you want a private conversation, there are plenty of places to have it. On the main forums of CC is not one of them.
An actual technical explanation of.the specific differences between Shimano road groupsets.
OK, let's give it a try:
Some are more expensive than others. The more expensive ones have more gears, which is obviously better. A few of the really expensive ones need electricity. They all have stupid names, that aren't Japanese words so I can't explain that bit.

BSOh

Über Member
OK, let's give it a try:
Some are more expensive than others. The more expensive ones have more gears, which is obviously better. A few of the really expensive ones need electricity. They all have stupid names, that aren't Japanese words so I can't explain that bit.

Beautifully explained :laugh:

winjim

Smash the cistern
OK, let's give it a try:
That is about as far as it ever gets, although you forgot:
Some of them are lighter.
They will be made of different materials. (Although exactly what those materials are and what benefits they bring never seems to be fully explained)

Top Bottom