Things you hate about cycling!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I was listening to a podcast where the hosts had a good natured moan about their cycling bugbears! Thought it could be a fun thread! So…whilst we all love cycling (which is why we are here) what is your biggest cycling bugbear?

Mine is how long cycling takes! If you run, you can get in a good workout in half an hour! Cycling needs so much more time to have the same effect! Annoys me so much 🤨

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Doesn’t give me the same buzz as running either. Roads are also getting increasingly busy. At least running you are facing the traffic and it’s easier to hop off into the verge if necessary.

vickster

Legendary Member
I was listening to a podcast where the hosts had a good natured moan about their cycling bugbears! Thought it could be a fun thread! So…whilst we all love cycling (which is why we are here) what is your biggest cycling bugbear?

Mine is how long cycling takes! If you run, you can get in a good workout in half an hour! Cycling needs so much more time to have the same effect! Annoys me so much 🤨

Cycle much harder up hills ;)

netman

Veteran
My knees and anything over 5% going up

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If you ride slowly on the flat in an easy gear, yes!
Cycle much harder up hills ;)
If you ride hard up hills when overgeared - definitely!

I have devised a little local loop which I use to cycle to the shops on my singlespeed bike. It incorporates some completely unnecessary lumpiness but it means I can cram a useful amount of exercise into only about 25 minutes of riding. These hills would be nothing much in a low gear but they are hard work in 52/19!

Lumpy shopping loop.png

The wind, as I get older the wind is becoming increasingly hard to come to grips with, anything above 12 mph headwinds really annoys me.
You definitely would not have enjoyed the Garforth ride on Saturday then - we seemed to spend half the ride going into a stiff, blustery wind!

Top Bottom