Things you have misheard or misread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
One regularly misheard lyric is in Jimi Hendrix Purple Haze, apparently "Excuse me while I kiss the sky" is heard as "Excuse me while I kiss this guy"!!! ^_^
:smooch:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
At the start of a film, on the BBFC screen it said "Mild peril, suicide references". I read this as "snide references".

I suppose it's only fair to warn people of distressing snidey remarks.

It's actually the name of a website for misheard lyrics

https://www.kissthisguy.com/

Thanks, that's a cool site. I must admit, I heard the "kiss" version first, and stuck with it for decades as I think it makes a better lyric - sorry Jimi!

Chris Hawkins on 6Music does a "your name heard in a song" feature, and once you hear a good one, you cannot ever hear the intended lyric any time that record is ever played again, it's like a curse ...

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Thanks, that's a cool site. I must admit, I heard the "kiss" version first, and stuck with it for decades as I think it makes a better lyric - sorry Jimi!

Chris Hawkins on 6Music does a "your name heard in a song" feature, and once you hear a good one, you cannot ever hear the intended lyric any time that record is ever played again, it's like a curse ...
Back in the '70s on Nationwide they pointed out that the Police's "So Lonely" sounded like "Sue Lawley" who was a presenter at the time.

That's how I've heard it ever since.

richardfm

Veteran
Blondie - Hanging on the Telephone, I heard
"I'm in the phone booth if you want to call a whore"
The lyric is "I'm in the booth, it's the one across the hall"

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Off to London to visit the Museums and my son asked about the V & A Museum.
`What's the N stand for?' You may need to say it.

At least it wasn't the 'Vintage Design' museum.

'Dad, what does VD mean?' 😆

One regularly misheard lyric is in Jimi Hendrix Purple Haze, apparently "Excuse me while I kiss the sky" is heard as "Excuse me while I kiss this guy"!!! ^_^
:smooch:

Oh GO ON THEN, I'm always up
for a snog 😆

At the start of a film, on the BBFC screen it said "Mild peril, suicide references". I read this as "snide references".

I thought it would be mild suggestions of Oysters committing suicide?

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I married my wife in a Spanish church and since neither my wife nor the priest spoke English then the entire wedding ceremony was in Spanish. When it came to the point where I had to declare my wedding vows I had to repeat what what I thought I heard the priest say. Unfortunately my Spanish was very rudimentary at the time and I didn’t understand a single word I’d just heard so the more I spoke the more I put my foot in it until it got to the point where my wife could no longer contain her laughter. The priest then just looked at me in total disbelief before turning to my wife with a look of sympathy as if he wanted to check that she still wanted to go ahead with the wedding. The wedding photographer captured the exact moment my wife could no longer hold it together. What I was supposed to say was “Recibe estas arras como un signo de mi amor” which translates to “Receive these wedding coins as a sign of my love”. Unfortunately what I thought I heard and what I ended up saying was “Recibe estas armas si no mi amor” which translates to something like “Receive these weapons if not my love”.

Top Bottom