Things you just found out about your vehicle.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
My Honda CR-V has electric lumbar adjustment on the seats. I discovered that when cleaning it this summer.

The prize win was delivered to me in 2022 :blush:
 

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Location
Canonbie
When we went to replace the rusting wings on my 2008 Polo we found that VW had helpfully stuffed them with sponge to trap moisture and encourage rusting. If I ever spot a similar vintage Polo it often has rust in exactly the same spot.
 

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Location
Oxford
Mine apparently has an automatic "heat fatigue" feature whereby it automatically enforces a rest period of 10-15 minutes on the driver; this seemingly determined by a combination of running time and ambient temperature.

While I welcome its apparent concern for my welfare, it can be a bit of a bind when it happens at 70 in the outside lane...

In addition to the seatbelt alarm my old Volvo also had a "speed warning" system, whereby it would alert you of exceeding 70mph by flashing the interior light on and off. Sometimes.
 

SpokeyDokey

69, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Moderator
I can unlock it from my smartphone from wherever I may be in the world.

Slightly pointless, because if im elsewhere I couldn't drive it anyway, but clearly VW thought it worthwhile.

It came in handy for me a while back.

Mrs SD & I arranged to meet back at the car after a shopping trip where we went our separate ways.

She didn't have her car key with her and got back to the car first.

A quick call from her and I was able to open the car for her.
 

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
I was cleaning my Nissan when I discovered the cleverly tucked away lever for adjusting the steering column.

five years after I bought it.

we’ve replaced both of our old Fords with new stuff in the last year, they were 14 and 18 years old so I be spending the decade finding new features on the electronic wonderlands they were replaced by.
 
Top Bottom