Things you miss about a previous house

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Quite a few things,but the sunny weather always makes me long for the backyard/garden in my old 'marital bliss':rolleyes: house. It was south facing,so we had the sun from early morning till late evening.:sun:This meant private sunbathing,apart from the next door neighbour being able to see half the area after he decided to get another window put in.:dry: Anyway,all that ended when i moved out. I now have to either sunbathe in the cemetery or the park up the road. I'm not bothered about near enough nudity,but some weirdos seem to take displeasure in me stripping off and sprawling out on the grass in these places. On a bit of a side note,i hope 'Bojo' not only announces the re-opening of pubs,in his 'address to the nation speech' this coming Sunday,but also the re-opening of sunbed salons as well,as i need to get my bum and dangly bits tanned up to match the rest of me!:blush:

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I miss living right next to the racecourse and 2 minutes from the Wolves football stadium ,
I have to make do with the sea and sandy beach now.
Now l am probably way off the mark here but l was born in Wolverhampton and l started life living in my grandparents house which l think was near the race course .....the house was called "The Beacon" and it was in Crowther road. I may well be wrong about the racecourse ....it was a longtime ago and l was very young ^_^

matiz

Guru
Now l am probably way off the mark here but l was born in Wolverhampton and l started life living in my grandparents house which l think was near the race course .....the house was called "The Beacon" and it was in Crowther road. I may well be wrong about the racecourse ....it was a longtime ago and l was very young ^_^

Crowther rd is quite long it runs between Tettenhall rd by the New bridge pub to Hordern rd which was the far side of the old turf racecourse , I lived on the other side at Dunstall park.

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Our nice garden and being mortgage free. I don't miss the endless stream of anti social neighbours the council kept putting next to us. Anyway, onwards and upwards.

Venod

Eh up
The windows, although the windows in our house are very good, they open then you can slide them in to clean the outside, they are not as good as the tilt and turn of our old house, that's the only thing, everything else is better.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Nothing. We sold it cheap and left in a hurry when a violent drug dealer moved in next door and life became unbearable.

Shan't miss the present house either when we move to Scotland later this year. We've spent many many thousands of pounds on it over the years we've lived here just getting it modernised and secure and warm meaning we'll make no profit selling it.

Last edited:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Being mortgage free.
Bigger garage.
No more DIY needed.
Chatting over the fence to the neighbours.
Induction hob...
Bigger loft.
Brick walls

All that said, the house we're in now 'works' better for us as a family.

Mrs M

Guru
My old flat in Aberdeen had fantastic views out to sea at the front and views over the city at the back.
Don’t miss it though.
Much happier in our wee bungalow out of town :smile:

Top Bottom