Things you see on a canal path

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Origamist

Origamist

Legendary Member
A pair of knickers or possibly tights. I could not be sure and was uncertain about stopping to investigate further, but if they're still there on Thursday I'll take a photo and start a poll...

PK99

Legendary Member
A body bobbing gently in the water.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
And no, I'm not embarrassed to live and work there.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
[
I'm sorry dude, this is total bullshit. I've cycled the length of the LL canal and Burnley has some of the nicer bits. They've spent a fortune on the towpath and surrounding areas.

I stayed at the holiday Inn Express for a week last month and walked that stretch of canal every evening to eat at that pub and the chip shop near the construction College. The canal area was covered in rubbish. The geese and ducks were nesting on rafts of plastic and other debris. I was surprised at how much rubbish could end up behind the walls on the towpath. Where does it all come from? The towpath is a lovely area with great walls and beautiful buildings but the rubbish ruined it. Your photos show how nice it can be. I must have caught it at a bad time.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
[

I stayed at the holiday Inn Express for a week last month and walked that stretch of canal every evening to eat at that pub and the chip shop near the construction College. The canal area was covered in rubbish. The geese and ducks were nesting on rafts of plastic and other debris. I was surprised at how much rubbish could end up behind the walls on the towpath. Where does it all come from? The towpath is a lovely area with great walls and beautiful buildings but the rubbish ruined it. Your photos show how nice it can be. I must have caught it at a bad time.
So you based your comments about a very short walk and judged a town of 73,000 based on that short walk.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom