Things you see on a canal path

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I saw a couple shagging in the passenger seat of a car - a woman walking her dogs had stopped to have a very close look - is that why it's called doggin?

View: https://youtu.be/rRUjeC0IRlg

Quite literally in my case. In one part, the canal I ride sometimes overflows and crosses a dip in the path to a depth of about 3 inches or so.

Did once come across a snake on the canal path, was surprised how fast they can move.

markharry66

Über Member
Cops kickin' Gypsies on the pavement
Now the news - snap to attention!
The lunar landing of the dentist convention
Italian mobster shoots a lobster
Seafood restaurant gets out of hand
A car in the fridge
Or a fridge in the car?
Like cowboys do - in T.V. land

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Has anyone mentioned a shopping trolley yet?
They're generally in the canal in Leicester so not strictly 'on the path'. :giggle:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Canals are primarily there as navigations. The Fenland cuts, lodes and drains were designed primarily as drainange - which is why they're not called canals.
The Middle Level Navigations weren't also for navigation? :eek: About 100 of 120 miles on the middle level are navigable and efforts are ongoing to restore more.

Tim Hall

There are some sections of river (in Leicester it's the Soar) that have been 'tamed' by weirs/locks and made 'navigable' but they're not canals as such.
Canalized is the term you're graspinmg for. Part of the canalized section of the Soar fell down recently and my firm supplied some of the bits to mend it.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Canalized is the term you're graspinmg for. Part of the canalized section of the Soar fell down recently and my firm supplied some of the bits to mend it.
They've been 'tarting it up' for a while now with all these new 'Executive Riverside Apartments' that they've been throwing up lately.

Top Bottom