Things you'd like inventing that haven't been invented yet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Genuinely accurate weather forecast

Currently waiting for a severe thunderstorm which is already 1.5 hours late, was going to do something outside but decided not to because of it.

But let's face it the new computer was worth the £6 billion it cost

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Currently waiting for a severe thunderstorm which is already 1.5 hours late, was going to do something outside but decided not to because of it.

But let's face it the new computer was worth the £6 billion it cost

@Littgull and I cancelled today's ride because we didn't fancy being in exposed countryside 400+ m above sea level if the forecast thunderstorms came along. They didn't... :cursing:

(We just went to a local cafe for 3 hours instead!)

Mike_P

Guru
I accept full responsibility for the lack of a thunderstorm by putting the cover on the garden table. Now should I water the hanging baskets etc...

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
What about a portable methane collection system?
A Sheffield study revealed the volume generated per day ranged quite widely, from around 500–1500 mL, with men and women expelling roughly similar volumes. And a plant based diet, vegans beware, will only increase the amount produced.

Cut out the quorn!

Of course "methane" by that route gets a laugh - quite rightly. Fortunately it doesn't hang around too long :okay:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
A time machine.

They've been invented - Tick Tock etc. Cuckoo even

D

Deleted member 26715

I accept full responsibility for the lack of a thunderstorm by putting the cover on the garden table. Now should I water the hanging baskets etc...

We've just had 26 drops I counted each one twice to make sure I got it right

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Its about 20 years I think, but whilst its methane its about 80 times more "warming" inducing than CO2, but fortunately around in far smaller quantities than Co2.

there are plenty of other source of human produced methane including cow farts, which is around a third of it, but vegans beware, paddy fields also produce a fair chunk.

bitsandbobs

Über Member
What about a portable methane collection system?
A Sheffield study revealed the volume generated per day ranged quite widely, from around 500–1500 mL, with men and women expelling roughly similar volumes. And a plant based diet, vegans beware, will only increase the amount produced.

Cut out the quorn!

The "Flatometer" was invented and patented by the aptly named Colin Leakey (think two balloons and a tube up the bum).

He was interested in breeding beans which produced less gas, so came up with the Flatometer to measure gaseous output.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
The "Flatometer" was invented and patented by the aptly named Colin Leakey (think two balloons and a tube up the bum).

He was interested in breeding beans which produced less gas, so came up with the Flatometer to measure gaseous output.
A swiss engineering version.
1660660843046.png

Top Bottom