Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
Just get the rubberstamp excercise over and send out the redundancy notices . we all know its a done deal

Nice to see so many Barnsley Council vans out and about this morning. Don't know what they're doing but there's lots of them.
Including the one that parked across all the disabled parking spaces at Penistone Tesco and left his engine running while he wandered in to get something for 10 minutes. So half my council tax must go on diesel.

lane

Veteran
just saying that the work social event you have decided to organise is an ALL STAFF event dosn't mean that ALL STAFF are mandated to attend. Anyway I'm doing an audax that weekend.

Obviously I wouldn't say that - or I would have to explain what an audax is.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
To the man with the wooden walking stick who recently caught the 592 bus from Halifax to Hebden Bridge: I read in the Metro today that the Lady With The Free Palestine T-Shirt on could smell your patchouli scent when your locks brushed past her, and she now has a Rush-Hour Crush on you! She asks if you fancy a drink with her at the Fox and Goose on Saturday?

This post was donated by ColinJ's free Calder Valley Dating Service! :okay:

PS I think I may have seen (and smelled) you on Sunday evening when I popped over for a curry. The smell of patchouli instantly transported me back to being 17 years old and fancying patchouli-scented girls in cheesecloth smock tops from @Speicher's grammar school across the park. (@Speicher - were you one of those patchouli and cheesecloth smock top wearers then? :whistle: Perhaps you were on 'the list' without me realising it! :laugh:)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
@ColinJ - no I didn't wear Patchouli and cheesecloth. How did they combine cheesecloth and school uniforms? :scratch:
Some schoolmates chatted to a group of them in the park when all were in uniforms and arranged to meet them at the weekend for the patchouli/cheesecloth extravaganza!

Meanwhile back to muttering at strangers ... What I would like to say to the older man giving the younger man the driving lesson this evening is:

When I am cycling up to a tight, blind LH bend I do NOT expect a learner driver to overtake me, swerve left in front of me and panic brake when he finally realises what is in front of him. Repeat after me - DO NOT CUT UP CYCLISTS ON BLIND BENDS!

Tight bend.jpg

Having made that mistake, please at least have the decency to then clear off down the road, rather than slowing to a ridiculous 5 mph all the way down the hill ...

Smithy Ln.jpg

Which means that the cyclist has to brake hard all the way down behind you and then has zero momentum to start the steep little climb back out of the dip ...

Jack Bridge dip.jpg

:cursing:

Top Bottom