Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

You're not a very good ventriloquist.

I was going to post this on the What's happened to bank holiday drinking thread, but I think I've got too much anger going on.

Our alcohol dependent, benefits dependent neighbour doesn't go to the pub. As soon as the sun comes out she turns the music up full blast, gets the enablers round, talks at a shout and gets smashed all day. And of course she has a boyfriend and animals in tow: "Kaaaaaarrrrrllllll!!!!!! Shhhhheeppppppp!!! Don't eat that Tiddles!!!! Kaaaaaaarrrllll!!! Kaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrllll!!!!! Get more wine Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrllll".
She only does it 12 hours at a time. Every single day and outdoors when it's when warm enough - like this bank holiday. Then at 3 am: "Sshhhepppppp!!!! ... Sshhhepppppp!!!! ... Sshhhepppppp!!!! . . . ... Sshhheeeepppppp!!!! Come here you peanut!!!".

Or in other words I'm fully in favour of prohibition.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
So on Wednesday you were loudly complaining about people 'cherry picking' calls from the diary. On Friday you declined to make a call to a particular client, leaving it for a Supervisor to deal with, because the diary notes suggested it would be difficult.

Chutzpah is the word that springs to mind.

postman

Legendary Member
I know you are students and some of you are from well orf families.But you are tossers in my opinion.Mummy and daddy may have cleaned up after you at home.But now you are at Uni,you want to be treated like adults,you have opinions,,yes i have heard your conversations,but when sharing a property there are tasks,and one is taking out your waste,and not leaving it for our daughter or me and Mrs Postman.Our last two visits and one of them our daughter had been away for a month,we took the crap down to the bins how many bags only about sixteen bags in the two visits.So you are sooo posh taking waste is below you,well f o if i see you again you will feel my tongue you do not take my daughter for granted.

perplexed

Guru
I was going to post this on the What's happened to bank holiday drinking thread, but I think I've got too much anger going on.

Our alcohol dependent, benefits dependent neighbour doesn't go to the pub. As soon as the sun comes out she turns the music up full blast, gets the enablers round, talks at a shout and gets smashed all day. And of course she has a boyfriend and animals in tow: "Kaaaaaarrrrrllllll!!!!!! Shhhhheeppppppp!!! Don't eat that Tiddles!!!! Kaaaaaaarrrllll!!! Kaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrllll!!!!! Get more wine Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrllll".
She only does it 12 hours at a time. Every single day and outdoors when it's when warm enough - like this bank holiday. Then at 3 am: "Sshhhepppppp!!!! ... Sshhhepppppp!!!! ... Sshhhepppppp!!!! . . . ... Sshhheeeepppppp!!!! Come here you peanut!!!".

You have my sympathy. :sad: People vastly underestimate the psychological impact of having to put up with this crap.

Oi you, yes, you the one in this years Tour de France jersey and the carbon framed racing bike that looks like it was last used in 2017. This is a shared pedestrian and cycle way, not the Autobahn. You may act like a selfish boor when you are driving you Mercedes to Munich, but you don't do it here.

I would have said that too but he was shouting too loud and going too fast. so I contented myself with saying "Wahoo, summer cyclist alert" as he went past...

You have my sympathy. :sad: People vastly underestimate the psychological impact of having to put up with this crap.

We had to deal with similar from a retired neighbour. He'd be fine as long as he had enough alcohol but if he went below his minimum he'd get very nasty very fast. The boys were sometimes terrified to go out. as we live on the 3rd floor and he was one floor down. He and his wife were well educated people with a good career but somehow got stuck in a codependent spiral.

One morning about two years ago he had a sudden ad catastrophic heart failure.

We had to deal with similar from a retired neighbour. He'd be fine as long as he had enough alcohol but if he went below his minimum he'd get very nasty very fast. The boys were sometimes terrified to go out. as we live on the 3rd floor and he was one floor down. He and his wife were well educated people with a good career but somehow got stuck in a codependent spiral.

Our alcoholic near-neighbour is mostly harmless and only occasionally problematic - they went through a patch a year or so back of being very shouty, and there were a number of visits from either paramedics or police at one point. It has a bigger impact in summer, when the doors and windows stay open a lot more and they spend a lot of time sitting on their doorstep. Probably the scariest thing was finding them either wandering shoeless or seemingly conked out in the alley, which is an experience encountered by several of the neighbours. We've mostly managed to get them home and safe, sometimes with a bit of help from several residents, but there were a couple of times that there was no waking them and an ambulance was needed. The most frightening time was when one of the other kids on the street was walking to school with a parent and found what appeared to be - but thankfully wasn't - a dead body. That was one of the ambulance visits.

It can be tricky when they are going through a particularly difficult phase because some of their behaviours are quite.... shall we say challenging? I've had out loud conversations with my kids about it - both know that particular neighbour has poor mental health along with alcohol dependency issues and that as a result they can act in unpredictable, odd and upsetting ways. And they both know that if that is happening they can just walk away - they don't need to be 'polite' about it if they feel unsure or unsafe. If nowt else, it seems to have convinced them that alcohol to excess might not be a great idea... The EldestCub was completely unphased by going in to said neighbour's house to help move a fridge freezer one day when they asked for help as he was coming home from school. I think he clocked that they weren't too trolleyed before he said yes. He also knew them slightly, years ago, in a different context in happier days when they weren't ill, so I think sees some distinction between the person and addiction.

I do too. I still would occasionally have liked to shout STFU when they kicked off late at night last summer.... but couldn't.

Apart from the annoyance factor it is sad when you know where it will lead. My partner has worked on ambulances and has seen all the stages including the final one where they are going into hospital still talking about giving up and it's obvious they will never be going home.

alicat

Legendary Member
So the timetable on your website ended on 26 May. And the contact phone number is out of date. And the person I spoke to when I did get through can't tell me if the 8.54 on Monday to Lille stops in Calais because guess what the only timetable he has access to ended on 26 May.

Just as well I twigged that I could find out the information by making a dummy booking to Calais.

Not at your best today, are you Eur*star!

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes - I was a complete idiot and I can see why you were laughing, even though I nearly put myself in hospital! :blush:

(A car came up behind me on a singletrack lane in Wales. The next passing place was a long way down the lane ahead so I decided to be helpful by steering onto the verge to give the driver room to overtake. Unfortunately, the verge was bumpy and strewn with gravel. There was a ditch to my left. Big boulders straight ahead. And I had my hands on the bartops, out of reach of the brake levers ... :whistle:)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Oops! :laugh:

In my incident I got that 'dread in the pit of the stomach' feeling as I anticipated what would happen next. I didn't have time to reach for the brake levers so the bike ended up careering into one of the boulders and coming to a dead stop. I didn't stop quite as suddenly, resulting in a (fortunately fairly gentle) nads-to-stem collision!

Not only did I escape injury, but the chunky build of my CAADX prevented damage to the bike itself.

It could have been a really nasty end to a good holiday so I consider myself very lucky to have got away with it.

Top Bottom