Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
I sat today interviewing a new client. He’s so poorly, so physically poorly it was painful to converse.
I’m sat there thinking of all the things I can put in place to help make his life better, more comfortable.
60 mins earlier however I was in tears with my friend about an ‘impossible sitiation’ I had. You know what...with perspective, I have no problems.
I forget so easily that 10 years ago none of what I do now was possible. I couldn’t run, I couldn’t brush my teeth. I was laid up in agony day after day. I fought to be where I am today and I’m sat there crying over something that won’t even matter to me in a years time.
There’s this guy, he’s in his 60’s going through similar physical problems to what I’ve been through & i’m going to waste my life crying over something that doesn’t even matter!
I’m here for a reason. I have the chance to help people the right way.
I got referred to this new client by someone I barely even know. Just a guy who when I see him out running I cheer him on, why, because that’s who I am. I’ve never worked with him and he’s referred me to a new client, just based on good will.
I’ve drawn a line under the ‘impossible situation’ today. It’s out of my control & I choose let it go. I can’t do this anymore.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I would like to say this to myself but it is too late ... :whistle:

When opening a 500 mL tub of natural yoghurt which has a stubborn foil lid, it is better to hold the tub down against the kitchen worktop while pulling on the foil tab. It really is NOT a good idea to hold the tub in a lateral death grip while opening it!

I can confirm that yoghurt makes quite a mess of freshly laundered shirts, feels quite refreshing on one's cheeks, and is difficult to scrape off high kitchen ceilings if a step ladder is not available ... :blush:

I would like to say this to myself but it is too late ... :whistle:

When opening a 500 mL tub of natural yoghurt which has a stubborn foil lid, it is better to hold the tub down against the kitchen worktop while pulling on the foil tab. It really is NOT a good idea to hold the tub in a lateral death grip while opening it!

I can confirm that yoghurt makes quite a mess of freshly laundered shirts, feels quite refreshing on one's cheeks, and is difficult to scrape off high kitchen ceilings if a step ladder is not available ... :blush:

I did that a few years ago with a 5 litre can of white emulsion over a new red carpet.
It's surprising what you can do with a garden spade and a carpet cleaner before your girlfriend gets home :whistle:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Yes I was vaguely happy to drive you to Lincolnshire after collecting you from your home in West Norfolk to go to a meeting that we both needed to attend. To listen to you bleating about having no money for food. Happy to take you home while you told me about your nails that are only £30 a fortnight for acrylics and care, however I am not making 4 detours foe you to sightsee, stopping twice for fast food in 50 miles annoyed the shoot out of me, yet I said nothing. Getting a bit shirty with me after all of this as I didn’t want to help carry your constantly whinging child’s puke covered car seat in to your flat as I wanted to go home to my chap, my dog and some tea was not a clever thing on your part. Neither was no offer of any petrol money.
Just saying.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Wow, what an interesting approach to man management!:banghead::wacko:

ColinJ

I have been caught out by the Chinese 'UK' vendors but have noticed that some now seem to have UK warehouses. I get the product in a few days rather than the usual weeks/months.

If you are not in a hurry though, you can get some great bargains from China!

ColinJ

Thank you, whoever you were! :okay:

(I was putting the kettle on and heard a noise from the next room which sounded like a bird pecking at the window. It turned out to be somebody cleaning the glass. I assume that it was one of my neighbours, or a window cleaner employed by them who wrongly assumed that my window was theirs!)

gbb

Legendary Member
Yeah I know, your neighbours ARE moderately annoying, yak yak yak in their garden until midnight sometimes, music just loud enough to sometimes keep you awake..not real bad but just intrusive at the wrong time.
Shame then you dont seem to mind YOUR kids playing in the garden for hours on end, daughter squealing at the top of her voice, boys RAAAGH, AAARGH, RAAAGH, AGHHHHH, shouting shouting shouting, teasing their sister endlessly so she squeals even more.
And YOU sit in your house oblivious to it...

In the interests of neighbourliness I'll keep schtumm...but kin ell :angry:

Top Bottom