Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Jeremy Vine, please give it a rest and let someone else have a go.
If you're not on the radio, you're on the telly or social media. And even when you're not on the radio that parody of you on the Steve Wright show is now impossible to tell apart from the real thing.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Fook Brexit...

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
When you're resting at the end of the pool and you watch me approaching, going faster than you want to go, why don't you wait a couple of seconds and let me do my turn and go first, rather than setting off two seconds earlier, knowing it'll force me to follow you all the way to the end at your speed? Can you not see it, or do you just not give a shoot?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
When you're resting at the end of the pool and you watch me approaching, going faster than you want to go, why don't you wait a couple of seconds and let me do my turn and go first, rather than setting off two seconds earlier, knowing it'll force me to follow you all the way to the end at your speed? Can you not see it, or do you just not give a shoot?
It's the same thing that some drivers do when pulling out from side roads as a cyclist is approaching at 20+ mph... they just have to pull out but sometimes then accelerate so slowly that the cyclist has to brake hard not to run into the back of them!

Lullabelle

Banana
Over the past few months we have done our best to help and support you but you just go ahead and do your own thing with no regard to how it affects all of us-enough is now enough and this will go to the boss, we wanted to avoid this but you don't seem to care-on your head be it.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Why do broadcasters coyly say 'the n-word' when reporting a racial slur?
The full word seems to be blasted out of every other car window playing a rap track.

Why do broadcasters coyly say 'the n-word' when reporting a racial slur?
The full word seems to be blasted out of every other car window playing a rap track.

I suspect because if some anti-social numpty is blasting it out of the car stereo it is a very different matter to the state broadcaster implying it is an acceptable way to describe someone.

Last edited:

Chris S

Legendary Member
I suspect because if some anti-social numpty is blasting it out of the car stereo it is a very different matter to the state broadcaster implying it is an acceptable way to describe someone.
I don't think it's an acceptable way to describe someone but I do think it's acceptable to use racial slurs when reporting what was actually said. Using coy substitutions diminishes the impact of the offence.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
p014h3j6.jpg

Top Bottom