Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So white people are genetically predisposed to do dirty jobs better? Is their ethnicity relevant?

I assumed it was that white people are predisposed to complain unnecessarily if someone of a different skin colour is working.

Last edited:

Chris S

Legendary Member
I am under no illusions about the brutality of slavery but today's African-Americans have also benefited from it. The average African-American can expect to live 10 years longer than the average person in Africa and will earn at least ten times as much in their lifetime.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am under no illusions about the brutality of slavery but today's African-Americans have also benefited from it. The average African-American can expect to live 10 years longer than the average person in Africa and will earn at least ten times as much in their lifetime.
I can just imagine the conversation between a slaver and a slave "You may hate me for the terrible way that I am treating you and your family, but trust me - your great great great great grandchildren will be grateful for it!" :whistle:

I feel your pain... I reckon I'm approaching 100 applications now.

@AndyRM: Before you feel too sorry for me, I know I'll get something eventually: there aren't nearly enough people with my qualifications. Also, at least 50 were on spec to organisations that were unlikely to take me (but they were interesting and everything went by Email so I figured, "what the heck") and sometimes I have to send separate applications to the boss and to the department leader so it does bulk up the numbers. In extreme cases I'll send a dozen, one to each department because they may have a vacancy.

Still bl**dy tedious mind...

AndyRM

XOXO
@AndyRM: Before you feel too sorry for me, I know I'll get something eventually: there aren't nearly enough people with my qualifications. Also, at least 50 were on spec to organisations that were unlikely to take me (but they were interesting and everything went by Email so I figured, "what the heck") and sometimes I have to send separate applications to the boss and to the department leader so it does bulk up the numbers. In extreme cases I'll send a dozen, one to each department because they may have a vacancy.

Still bl**dy tedious mind...

I should be fine too, ultimately, though there are a lot of folk out there who think they can do what I do because they know a bit of Photoshop, which is frustrating.

Top Bottom