Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
You can stop all this clapping out side now. We get you’re all grateful for the NHS and the great work the key workers are doing. Very good. Commendable.

You know what ? Some of you could do a lot more to help the NHS. You could stop using it. You could stop smoking and reduce lung disease, you could stop consuming excessive amounts of alcohol and save your kidneys, and you could eat healthier and exercise more and reduce heart disease. That would save the NHS billions of pounds and decrease the burden on the tax payer.

Or you could stand on your door step, with a fag, can of beer and a cheese burger and clap. It’s a free country... sort of.

alicat

Legendary Member
What part of 'Stay 2m apart' is so hard to understand?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Will you please turn your Vera Lynn music down & should you really be having a 3 family BBQ/party under the circumstances or are you so special social distancing doesn't apply to you?
My whole street looks like this, a massive party has been going on for two hours. It was billed as "stay on your own drive" but two hours of beer and sun have clearly made it irresistible for all and sundry to sit together. We've just cycled back in and one neighbour shouts "are you all joining us? It's all being lifted on Sunday anyway!"
And all the oldies are out too. 😔

No doubt I'm the anti social bad guy though.

My whole street looks like this, a massive party has been going on for two hours. It was billed as "stay on your own drive" but two hours of beer and sun have clearly made it irresistible for all and sundry to sit together. We've just cycled back in and one neighbour shouts "are you all joining us? It's all being lifted on Sunday anyway!"
And all the oldies are out too. 😔

No doubt I'm the anti social bad guy though.
Jeeezus. Nothing's being lifted on Sunday, that's been made quite clear.
We've plainly just wasted seven weeks.

alicat

Legendary Member
Will you please turn your Vera Lynn music down & should you really be having a 3 family BBQ/party under the circumstances or are you so special social distancing doesn't apply to you?

At least one two-family party in my street too. Very unhappy bunny here. I think it would have been better if they had cancelled the bank holiday and held it next year.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
And while you're at it, sort out your useless "ITV Hub" on demand service so it doesn't just stop at the first set of adverts.
BBC's equivalent works faultlessly, as does Channel 4's and Channel 5's, so why doesn't yours? Don't pretend you've never had any complaints, because you damn well have.
The trust pilot reviews are terrible.
ITV must know this but don’t care.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/itvplayer.co.uk

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
"I am pleased that you were paying attention to the small boy on a bike to your left, as you accelerated your 4x4 from its spot in the Lidl car park. Unfortunately, you completely forgot about looking to your right as you did so. If you had done, you would have noticed a big boy on HIS bike in your path - me! Luckily, I was paying attention and managed to swerve out of your way..."

I didn't actually say anything to the driver, but he certainly got close enough for me to have had a cosy chat with him. I left it to a 'black look of death' which I could tell he understood...

Lullabelle

Banana
I am so sorry to hear about your grandson but surely with his issues he should have been wearing reins, as a result he is now very poorly in hospital after running out in front of a car, yes you are all going through a dreadful time, can't imagine what the driver must be going through, but why didn't your son take measures to keep him under control? you all know how he is.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Dear Morrisons,

Thank you very much for putting bicycle stands in such a convenient location on the left hand side of the entrance to the store.

Any chance of pointing out to lazy motorist shoppers*** that the trolley bay is in the equivalent position on the right hand side? I know it is about 15 metres further for them to walk to park the trolleys, but when they park them on the left instead, cyclists can't actually get to the stands without moving the trolleys! (I checked today and the trolley bay was only 50% occupied, while the bike stand area was 100% full of the damn things.)
I am pleased to say that when I went to Morrisons today I found that they have stopped using the bike stands as a trolley bay. Unfortunately, they seem to have turned them into a makeshift garden centre instead... There are plants everywhere and no way to get past them to the bike stands. I was on foot today but I wouldn't have been happy if I had cycled there!

Top Bottom