Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Putting my mod hat on:

A few posts have been cleaned up. Please be respectful to other members and do not insult them, as per the site guidelines and rules.

The report button (bottom left of every post) is there if you need to make the mod team aware of any problems. We aren't omnipresent and can't read every one of the 1000+ posts made every day on the site.

Thanks

gbb

Legendary Member
Having ordered a new garden sofa and table set, our old one, still in ok condition has attracted a lot of interest once advertised on our local FB page.
Within 10 minutes we had 14 enquiries, really surprised.
Second person to reply really wants it and is desperate enough to bring a deposit to secure the sale next week....great, arranged for tomorrow.
Another person (who came in before the deposit offer was made but after others had shown interest) showed his hand, dallied a little while he was no doubt thinking....then came back with a firm offer.
'Sorry, it's already been promised subject to a deposit tomorrow'

Hes pushed to get us to let him have it but we are firm it goes go the person who was offered first.

He now shows his real nature and says...along the lines of...
'Normal rules of selling are you only engage with one person and wait for their offer...or not' ...plus a bit more slightly irritating drone...hes cheesed off obviously.

Our responses we'd like to make, but won't, not worth the effort...
'Our sofa, our rules matey'
'You snooze, you lose'
'You're not doing yourself any favours trying to get all legal speaky with us'
'We'd now rather burn it than let you have it'
'Tough luck mate'

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Having ordered a new garden sofa and table set, our old one, still in ok condition has attracted a lot of interest once advertised on our local FB page.
Within 10 minutes we had 14 enquiries, really surprised.
Second person to reply really wants it and is desperate enough to bring a deposit to secure the sale next week....great, arranged for tomorrow.
Another person (who came in before the deposit offer was made but after others had shown interest) showed his hand, dallied a little while he was no doubt thinking....then came back with a firm offer.
'Sorry, it's already been promised subject to a deposit tomorrow'

Hes pushed to get us to let him have it but we are firm it goes go the person who was offered first.

He now shows his real nature and says...along the lines of...
'Normal rules of selling are you only engage with one person and wait for their offer...or not' ...plus a bit more slightly irritating drone...hes cheesed off obviously.

Our responses we'd like to make, but won't, not worth the effort...
'Our sofa, our rules matey'
'You snooze, you lose'
'You're not doing yourself any favours trying to get all legal speaky with us'
'We'd now rather burn it than let you have it'
'Tough luck mate'
I have had too many people faff around or not bother turning up at all that I stipulate that the first person with cash in hand gets the item. Those who turn up later and say they would have paid more are simply not believable.

D

Deleted member 26715

I have had too many people faff around or not bother turning up at all that I stipulate that the first person with cash in hand gets the item. Those who turn up later and say they would have paid more are simply not believable.
Went to buy a door, went to first place he wanted £30 said I'd have one, not got any in stock was the reply, so went to the the next place, he wanted £100 a door, when I told him that across the road they were only £30 he told me to go buy one from them then. When I said I couldn't as they didn't have any stock, he said oh well when we haven't got any they are £30, but when we have them they are £100!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Went to buy a door, went to first place he wanted £30 said I'd have one, not got any in stock was the reply, so went to the the next place, he wanted £100 a door, when I told him that across the road they were only £30 he told me to go buy one from them then. When I said I couldn't as they didn't have any stock, he said oh well when we haven't got any they are £30, but when we have them they are £100!
When I have doors in stock they are £100,000 each and I can supply as many as you want. If you want unavailable doors I am doing a very special offer price of £25 a door or 5 for £100. (Offer price includes the non-delivery charge.) :whistle:

Ratchet Cat

Veteran
Today I was leaving work and discovered that I had parked next to an old customer who was standing next to my car.
I said that I used to see her when I worked in a shop. I explained that I left there several years ago. Now I worked nearby.
She said she was thinking of visiting a shop near the shop I used to work in. She asked me if this shop was open.
Me "No idea, since I left the other shop a couple of years ago and haven't been back since."
I suggested she phoned them!!! The man she was with burst out laughing!!!

Ratchet Cat

Veteran
Today I parked next to a customer, who I used to see when I worked in a shop. We'll call it shop A. I told her I used to see her when I worked in shop A, but I left several years ago. I now work somewhere else.
She said she was thinking of going back to shop A, but wanted to visit shop B which was nearby. Did I know if shop B was open?
Me " I really couldn't tell you as I left shop A years ago and haven't been back since. I suggest you phone them."

The man she was with burst out laughing. Next time I will say my psychic powers aren't working, or do a Yoda impression!
Closed the shop is and home you must go.

Top Bottom