Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good grief, it's like being in a retirement home...
Eh? What did he say?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Dear electrical good retailer... Just because Google tells you that I am interested in microwave ovens doesn't mean that you have to believe them and pester me with microwave ads. The reason that I Googled microwave ovens a few weeks ago was because my old one had broken, so I needed to buy one, WHICH I DID, SHORTLY AFTERWARDS. I hope to not buy another one for at least 10 years, so kindly wait until then before restarting your ad campaign! :whistle:

Jameshow

Veteran
Dear electrical good retailer... Just because Google tells you that I am interested in microwave ovens doesn't mean that you have to believe them and pester me with microwave ads. The reason that I Googled microwave ovens a few weeks ago was because my old one had broken, so I needed to buy one, WHICH I DID, SHORTLY AFTERWARDS. I hope to not buy another one for at least 10 years, so kindly wait until then before restarting your ad campaign! :whistle:

Btw it's goods not good!! 🤣

ColinJ

Btw it's goods not good!! 🤣
Ha - that could be due to my sloppy brain, my sloppy typing, or my sloppy laptop keyboard. The membrane keyboard isn't too bad as long as I make the effort to type carefully. It certainly isn't up to the standard of the fatastic (<-- another missing letter!) keyboard on my old Dell laptop.

november4

use the adlock browser extension in chrome or the adblock browser on your phone/tablet (google both if stuck), there's really no reason to have to put up with ads at all

Alex321

Veteran
use the adlock browser extension in chrome or the adblock browser on your phone/tablet (google both if stuck), there's really no reason to have to put up with ads at all

Except that there are more and more sites now that detect the adblocker, and refuse to show you much unless you disable it.

november4

Well, just closing out this tangent, to help anyone....if bothered by 'sticky' ads, try nextdns on devices ...its cheap and blocks ads that browser extensions miss, your basically going through the Internet filtered through their server, has free trial

ColinJ

Stand aside, Ronnie Pickering***, there is a new hard man in town! At least, there WAS - he is now otherwise occupied for a while... :whistle:

Hard guy.jpg

*** I was going to link to the video on YouTube, but the language is a bit strong! It's not hard to find. If you haven't seen it yet, it is worth watching.

Top Bottom