Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ever feel that speaking your mind would cause more problems than it would solve? Want to speak it anyway? Here's a place to do it. I'll start.

I know you're the boss, but please don't turn up at the start of a shift and start trying to run things. Since I've been called out here I have got everyone working to a system and we are back on programme. When you turn up you disrupt the shift and have divers working on the wrong task and in the wrong place. It means we have to work harder to catch up.

Let me run the site while you stay in the hotel or attend meetings.

I give you a briefing sheet for meetings. All you have to do is read it out loud. You can then go back to your hotel.

Finally, working hours are 7 to 7. If people are around at 6 it is because they want to check e-mails and sort their lives out, speak to loved ones etc before they go to work for a night. Don't start trying to set them to work, it means I have to spend several hours listening to them bitching and trying to get them back into the right frame of mind.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Ever feel that speaking your mind would cause more problems than it would solve? Want to speak it anyway? Here's a place to do it. I'll start.

I know you're the boss, but please don't turn up at the start of a shift and start trying to run things. Since I've been called out here I have got everyone working to a system and we are back on programme. When you turn up you disrupt the shift and have divers working on the wrong task and in the wrong place. It means we have to work harder to catch up.

Let me run the site while you stay in the hotel or attend meetings.

I give you a briefing sheet for meetings. All you have to do is read it out loud. You can then go back to your hotel.

Finally, working hours are 7 to 7. If people are around at 6 it is because they want to check e-mails and sort their lives out, speak to loved ones etc before they go to work for a night. Don't start trying to set them to work, it means I have to spend several hours listening to them bitching and trying to get them back into the right frame of mind.

You know that's going to continue until you find a positive way of telling him that he's being a PITA! Perhaps he is unaware of the effect that he causes.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
OOh! Can't miss this opportunity. A chance to bitch without having to be reasonable.

Right. I hate everything. Every single thing. All of you. All of me. All of all of it. Bunch of twunts. Everything. Gah.

That's better. Back in the box. Ooh! A nice coat! Is that for me? The sleeves seem a bit long? Do these buckle at the back?

Wigsie

Nincompoop
My Sister in Law is a pain in the arse! she has had some horrific things happen to her this year and my heart bleeds for what her and her little boy have gone through.... but she is now taking the piss and abusing the generosity of those around her and she is always rude to my wife (her sister)!

Just want to shake her and tell her to grow up, deal with it, get on with her life and stop making those around her suffer, but I can't because the water works will come on and I will be mean, insensitive and selfish!!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
like the OP but at the other end of the day:-

I officially finish at 1730hrs, if I'm still at my desk at 1930hrs it's not because I've been hanging around waiting for someone to come talk to me about banal crap. It's because I'm busy and have a deadline so leave me alone.

Cycle Helmet threads - can we roll them all in to one and then deep six it into the nearest chasm?

Recumbent riders - can we segregate them more fully, us proper cyclists feel tainted by too much association with folks that lie down on the job!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
And as for those heathen barstewards who insist on butterfly bars and flat pedals...... BURN THEM :smile:

that is so rude, I insist you apologise to the people that have just bought my butterfly bars :evil:

You could be right on the flat pedals though - so is that just half a roasting?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I know I banned you from my rides and put you on my ignore list, but could you please just give it a rest with the snippy comments because people are calling me up and asking about it..................

Moodyman

Legendary Member
To those Cycle Chatters who feel the need to post their 'I was nearly knocked off' and 'Should I report it?' experience with everyone here.

The motorist that (you allege) tried to kill you, is most probably a stranger and has no grudge against you. It was most probably a human error. Get over it and stop feeling so vulnerable. If you can't deal with the road, then stick to public transport or get a car.
There, all released now. Feel better.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
OOh! Can't miss this opportunity. A chance to bitch without having to be reasonable.

Right. I hate everything. Every single thing. All of you. All of me. All of all of it. Bunch of twunts. Everything. Gah.

Update. Ok. I take some of that back. A colleague just brought in a boxed, new and very plush Sony laptop and dumped it on my desk. Its a gift, for being (seemingly) nice. I tried twice to explain that the real way to my heart is through bikes, but tech is a very close second.

Ah... I hate everything. Except for her. Every single thing. Except for her, and a few other things... actually, I rather like things. Isn't life great! I don't hate anything....

except my mood swings.

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
council house users,well those who have there rent paid by my taxes , and come to think about it the rest too, they are not ur homes you rent them off use via our council, you have no right to fall behind in the rent you must look after our property and you should keep yopur gardens tidy not fill them full of junk, poverty is no excuse for bad manners, Ps i would like to see a new crime one of crime against the comunity and if you dont want to be part of it please leave.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
To one or more managers at a company I worked for a few years ago.
You were (and presumably still are) vindictive, incompetent idiots who couldn't motivate people to drink free beer.
Threatening to fire anyone who doesn't come up to scratch is pretty bad, but doing it on a team-wide email is imbecilic.
Not releasing the Christmas work rota till mid-December was incredibly petty, and letting your deputies take the flack because you immediately went home for a week was cowardly.
I did enjoy getting a slating in my annual appraisal, knowing I had a job offer for more than you were earning.
Within 18 months of leaving your organisation, I had doubled my salary and reduced my stress levels.
I used to think I wouldn't make a good manager, but I couldn't possibly be worse than you two jokers.
*and breathe...*

Speicher

Vice Admiral
If I am in a conversation with you, would you please listen. You can guarantee I will be listening when you speak.

Do not interrupt me, when I am only half way into a sentence.

Do not just pretend to listen, while you are thinking up your response to what you think I am going to say, rather than what I have actually said.

If that really is too difficult for you, then please just say so, then I can save my energy for people who might be prepared to listen.

Top Bottom