Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
So, Mr phone company call centre droid, I don't sound like a Mark? How am I supposed to prove I'm who I say I am if you don't even ask me any security questions? Oh, show proof of ID in a store 180 miles away from you? How precisely is that going to help me NEXT TIME I CALL?

Oh, and you don't sound like Luke, or whatever your name was. You sound like Biffa Bacon. So nyer.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Go for it then. What have you got to lose?
A few teeth?

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Unfortunately there are situations where the aphorism "the truth never hurts anyone" is not true at all.

Ahhh..... "A truth that's told with bad intent/Beats all the lies you can invent"

William Blake. A man whose wife said of him: " I very rarely see Mr Blake, for he is always in Paradise!"

pplpilot

Guru
I wrote explaining I would not be taking the job you offered me as I was looking for a permanent post.

You advertised a permanent, director's post. You wait three weeks after the interview to offer me a deputy director's post and it's only at that time you point out that it's fixed term maternity cover. Nowhere in the ad or the supporting documentation did this say this was a fixed term, deputy director post. None of that was mentioned at the interview.

What I really wanted to write is that you were taking the ****. Frankly, with the you've behaved, there's no way I'd want to work for your organisation. You're either incompetent or complete chancers.

I'm in the lucky position of knowing that my skill set and experience are very much in demand. I'm also in the lucky position of not actually needing a job immediately - if I get bored I can do interim work and earn twice what you're offering.

I shall also make sure my colleagues and friends know what a shambles you are.

I would without doubt let them know this. One thing I hate is having my time wasted.

You will not "settle up with me in a few weeks". You just bought goods from me and you should be paying me the money. If you cant afford the stuff, then don't offer to have it. I could have sold it for twice as much by now, but though i was doing a "mate" a favour. I should have learned the first time.

(it's now 5 weeks and im thinking about posting something on this individual's facebook wall about it)

Not so much that I daren't say it but more that I can't due to the logistical issues of the sheer scale of telling 3 billion people something.

Dear All Women,

If you don't want my opinion, don't bloody well ask for it.

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
---Warning---​

Listen, I get that your tongue is rammed firmly right up the MD's arse and you're trying to prove with every inch of you that you're worthy, but here's the thing sweetness. I could eat bullys like you for breakfast. I could tear off their heads and roll them down the lane. But I choose not to. You know why? Because I don't need to prove my worth. I already know it. I did appreciate your nasty phone call this morning attempting to talk down to me and the follow up email where you acted nice as pie. However, you were on loud speaker hunny. And that's why I'm successfully self employed and your MD would like a word...

Last edited:
Top Bottom