Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
You want £15 to send one 20 inch tyre costing less than £25 to my address in mid Scotland? Get lost others can do it for much less. Not only that you get no further business from me. I cannot say it because there is nobody at an online checkout.
You flag up 'Order £50 for free delivery'. I put a £40 cook's knife in my basket. You flag up 'Spend another £10 to get free delivery!'. I add some glasses. I go to checkout. Delivery £10. Eh? 'UPS insist on a £10 charge for age-verification, and no, there are no alternative options.' Well, you know what you can do with my new kitchen knife don't you?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You flag up 'Order £50 for free delivery'. I put a £40 cook's knife in my basket. You flag up 'Spend another £10 to get free delivery!'. I add some glasses. I go to checkout. Delivery £10. Eh? 'UPS insist on a £10 charge for age-verification, and no, there are no alternative options.' Well, you know what you can do with my new kitchen knife don't you?
You have to remember that the only way that murderous, knife-wielding teenagers get hold of their bladed weapons is by long-distance online shopping! (Presumably they are too thick to go into the family kitchen and take the nearest sharp knife from the cutlery drawer? :whistle:)

Well done, you've now escalated the situation to where I have to step in and I have to either deal with one hell of a confrontation or technically break the law.

If you aren't going to take responsibility for your actions, can you please keep quiet and let the grown-ups deal with the problem?

perplexed

Guru
Dozens of people have taken a picture of this city centre scene with their phones. (Fargate in Sheffield city centre, with it's big wheel and 'log-cabin' temporary market stalls, for anyone who wants to know).

Nobody bats an eyelid when people take pictures with a phone. When I take the same scene, with a DSLR, please be informed, it is still just a camera...

oldwheels

Legendary Member
To the management of North Ledaig Caravan and Motorhome Club affiliated site.
Is marking the cycle path which runs through the site against your wishes as the only Dog Walk an attempt to cause conflict?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
You have to remember that the only way that murderous, knife-wielding teenagers get hold of their bladed weapons is by long-distance online shopping! (Presumably they are too thick to go into the family kitchen and take the nearest sharp knife from the cutlery drawer? :whistle:)

That is the most annoying and stupid bit of knee jerk legislation I can think of. Anything purchased online has presumably involved a credit card, ergo, the buyer is over 18. And the kids doing all these knifings will, as you say, knick the knife from their mum's kitchen rather than mail order a sabbatier for £50 surely. I guess the polititians involved don't actually cook themselves so never need to buy decent kit

Top Bottom