Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Background....

Big birthday last month - went on holiday as didn't want a fuss and would rather spend the cash on something we'd enjoy, not a party.

Birthday wishes/cards from my side and MIL.

One SIL actually phoned and said happy birthday, card turned up 2 weeks later. Other SIL, not even a 'Happy Birthday' -

If they decide to give me a card/present should I say 'Save it for next year' as the cards have been re-cycled now ! :wacko:

Ashimoto

I would offend far to many people so i tend to keep quiet. Occasionally I might go off on one but Im normally very diplomatic even though I dont want to be.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Context: Called in the supermarket on the way home.

There was a chap exiting the store, clutching a single red rose in one hand and carrying a slab of Carling Black Label under the other arm and a glint in his eye.

Me to myself: Some lucky lady/gent is going to have a belting night tonight...
If it were going to be a real belter then he would have been using both arms to carry 2 slabs of Black Label, and the rose would have been gripped between his teeth! :laugh:

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
If it were going to be a real belter then he would have been using both arms to carry 2 slabs of Black Label, and the rose would have been gripped between his teeth! :laugh:

He could have carried three of four stacked on top of each other if he made the effort. Some people won't go that extra step for love, it's really quite sad.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Context: Called in the supermarket on the way home.

There was a chap exiting the store, clutching a single red rose in one hand and carrying a slab of Carling Black Label under the other arm and a glint in his eye.

Me to myself: Some lucky lady/gent is going to have a belting night tonight...
If it was going to be a real belter, he would have got some beer too.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I once said it three times in a parent-teacher conference but the teacher either couldn't -or more likely wouldn't- understand.
Andy, looking at it from the teachers' perspective, if a class of 30 children are told about their homework and they are told to record what their homework is, but don't write it in their diaries, then it isn't the teachers' job to individually check what they have written or failed to have written.

Children learn to take responsibility for increasingly complex things as they grow up, which is in itself part of learning. which you reinforce as part of your relationship with them as part of your own responsibility, which your teachers have initiated by bringing any failure to your attention possibly mire than once, which is then something you have to reinforce with your own children, backing up what the teachers tell you and not defending your children and blaming the system when your children get it wrong.

Being a parent is a learning process too.

Lullabelle

Banana
You ******* hypocrite! Posting pics of yourself on facebook spouting 'why can't we all be nice to each other' tosh-you manipulated someone into asking me if I was pregnant! In what way were you being nice :angry:

Top Bottom