Think I could have had a fight last night.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
This is also simular to the drop your pants and swing your willy around method of defusing a angry man situation.

Depends entirely on what has made him angry in the first place... if it's your willy then you might be making the situation worse.

Reactions: GBC

Globalti

Legendary Member
People who are red in the face are already past the most dangerous stage. It's when they are white with anger that they are dangerous; they could do anything at all as the adrenal "fight or flight" syndrome is at full power.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
One usually finds it quite effective when, one promptly using the right hand in a fist shape, placing it upon the aggressors chin area with a reasonable amount of force. Usually ones tend to use maximum effort. This will relax the person in a sleepy state of mind. Ow how lovely portrayed.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Talking of intervention, I was once standing at a bus stop next to an arguing couple. The bloke then pushed the girl aggressively against the wall. I was just thinking 'Oh God, I'd better do something, but what?' when a large Geordie bloke walked past and roared 'Oiiii, stop that now you little c---' and saved me the bother.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
The coppers can probably answer this but I think there's some psycobabble that says if you tell someone to calm down it can often make the person less calm and excacerbate the situation.

Well done for butting in and not turning the other cheek. We need more of it in our insular society. :thumbsup:
Probably better to use diversion tactics like asking the angry bloke for directions to some where as if you hadn't even noticed that he was a psychopath. I used to do a bit of door work (bouncer in old parlance) and because fighting is one of my least favorite things I used to use diversionary tactics whenever possible rather than any direct confrontation. Some times just introducing something that is out of context can be quite disarming. Then when they have started to forget what they were ranting about you can sucker punch them in the kidneys.

Top Bottom