Think I'll slow down a bit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Tynan said:
christ's sake fella, what you doing up that early, and for a commute to boot?

I get up at 5.30 and set off at 6am. I get to work and am showered and at my desk working by 7am. Means I can get work done whilst things are quiet and there are no interruptions, can take an hour for lunch, leave at 3.45pm and STILL have worked well over 7hrs a day, building my flex up nicely.

A 7am start to the cycle commute is positively late :blush:

Tynan said:
christ's sake fella, what you doing up that early, and for a commute to boot?

Seven day stint.Just up now for todays commute.:biggrin:

Knackered my sleep has been topsy turvy so im up early.Leave at 445am for trip to Waterloo.Gis a wave down the Mile End Road.

Got caught out yesterday it was colder than what I thought.Chilled headwind?

Nasty one neslon!

Did anyone come to help you?

I've had a couple of falls on my bike (both in my videos if you are interested!) and both times my feet have come out of the clips without thinking about it. I think the forces in a fall are easily high enough to separate you from your bike, so it doesn't worry me.

OP
OP
N

neslon

magnatom said:
Nasty one neslon!

Did anyone come to help you?

I've had a couple of falls on my bike (both in my videos if you are interested!) and both times my feet have come out of the clips without thinking about it. I think the forces in a fall are easily high enough to separate you from your bike, so it doesn't worry me.

Thanks mate - Yes, the driver & a couple of passengers got out, but I was OK enough (& embarrassed enough) to wave them away and pedalled off CAREFULLY. Its really annoying, as I commute through the year but that morning I was thinking about work, presentations, meetings instead of concentrating. Bah!
BTW Tynan is right, getting up & out early is the only way. I'm out before 0630 every morning, in work, showered & working long before the car park is filling up. My only moan is that there is no such thing as flexitime!

Top Bottom